Did you know...

pkgdriver

I think I remember from intergrad its 9 seconds to find a package(+7 for any additional package), 11 to stop complete at the door, 11 seconds to start the truck, and 2 minutes to drive to the next stop.

This is the metric they use to build 8 hours worth of work. This is why heavy residential routes are easier to be under, and apartment routes are always 4 hours over even if you run. They know the numbers are bull:censored2:, but this is the system they use for the time being. There is no motive to change it.
2 minutes to drive to the next stop.
I dont believe this is a static number. Some areas in the country it takes 30 seconds, others 20 min. Miles are usually your friend.

Brownwind

I think I remember from intergrad its 9 seconds to find a package(+7 for any additional package), 11 to stop complete at the door, 11 seconds to start the truck, and 2 minutes to drive to the next stop.

This is the metric they use to build 8 hours worth of work. This is why heavy residential routes are easier to be under, and apartment routes are always 4 hours over even if you run. They know the numbers are bull:censored2:, but this is the system they use for the time being. There is no motive to change it.
Any idea what the allowance is for sitting at a chain station waiting for the gate to open?

Just being funny. Thanks for sharing the metrics. I sometimes wonder how I’d do on a city route.

twotwofour

Any idea what the allowance is for sitting at a chain station waiting for the gate to open?

Just being funny. Thanks for sharing the metrics. I sometimes wonder how I’d do on a city route.
From what I've seen from our on roads, they ask about specific time losses. If they see you waiting 20 minutes on the highway, they wont bug you. But if you bull:censored2: around on your phone after doing a stop, they can definitely see it take you 5 minutes after hitting stop complete before you drove away.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
From what I've seen from our on roads, they ask about specific time losses. If they see you waiting 20 minutes on the highway, they wont bug you. But if you bull:censored2: around on your phone after doing a stop, they can definitely see it take you 5 minutes after hitting stop complete before you drove away.
I mean that's a laundry list ORS would only bring up if it's harassment or flavor of the month. We all are stopping our vehicles without recordable activity 5 or more minutes up to dozens of times a day.