Didn’t qualify what can I do

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcsketcher

Oh so you’re back at FedEx ground
Keep up the good work
Was never ground. I won’t work random loads for a set fee. Just like I won’t drive for random $/hr like the current contract allows UPS to force new drivers into, when they agreed to drive for more when they got hired.

Here’s the pattern. Company grows strong by providing a nice life for the workers. When they arrive at a point they can no longer grow on that model they turn to :censored2:ing the workers over to artificially increase profits. Then comes the decline. Because new workers no longer have a long term advantage. History shows you this. You just have to open your eyes.

We had a guy get DQd. And he was so depressed about it he never showed back up to preload. Eventually was terminated or he quit. Idk how it ended up in the system. Now he works recieving at a warehouse we deliver to. He hates himself for not sticking around and trying again.
I was pretty close to never showing back up lol. Was that angry. But I’ve warmed up to maybe giving it another shot in the spring

Last edited:
It’s like you intentionally are being dense. IDK how else to explain it or if there’s even any point. It’s not about ego at all. Or “showing them”. I don’t want to be at UPS long term. Realized that very early. When the short term also goes to :censored2:, it’s time to leave. Pretty simple.

If you are in a position that works for you, cool. I wasn’t. UPS needs to attract young talent, and it just isn’t anymore. That’s not good for the future of the company. But you probably won’t have to worry about it. Good for you.
AI is gonna make driving a package car obsolete probably in my lifetime and I’m 30 in a few weeks. Along with a lot of other jobs. We’re in some serious :censored2: we’re heading towards the end times. Humans are being looked at as nonessential. You’re gonna own nothing. Go nowhere. But you’ll be happy because you’ll get some crumbs to shut you up

Last edited:

Whereistheunion

I know I’m gonna take some :censored2: but some helpful advice is greatly appreciated cuz I really did want the job
DQ is the same as (discharge) file a grievance with the union and allow the Union to look at the situation and see if your numbers warrant such discharge/DQ can't let to much time go by. 2 weeks is to long if this happened within the last 8 days File and get real answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.