'Didn't see it coming': Wheels fly off UPS truck before hitting convertible on Highway 407

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
'Didn't see it coming': Wheels fly off UPS truck before hitting convertible on Highway 407 - CTV News

The driver of a convertible that was hit by a flying wheel from a UPS truck said he didn’t see it coming.

Stouffville resident Paul Hines was driving on Highway 407 near Leslie Street on Tuesday when his car was hit by a flying wheel. Police said Hines, who only suffered minor injuries, is "lucky to be alive."

"I didn’t see anything, all of a sudden I heard an explosion," Hines told CTV News Toronto on Tuesday.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Wheel fasteners.

Isn't it the same thing?

image.jpg

Yeah, the wheel studs are still intact... dually, so there were 2 bouncing around on that highway... article mention it also struck another car.

Ugh, I'm due for a set of tires Monday on my FedEx truck... never seen them using torque sticks or a torque wrench...

Fuzzy Brown

Isn't it the same thing?

image.jpg

Yeah, the wheel studs are still intact... dually, so there were 2 bouncing around on that highway... article mention it also struck another car.

Ugh, I'm due for a set of tires Monday on my FedEx truck... never seen them using torque sticks or a torque wrench...
I’ve never heard of them referred to as wheel fasteners as they did in the story.

rod

Retired 22 years
I had a front wheel just about fall off on a loaner P800 one time. That night after I had got back to the building our mechanic came up to me and said "did that fall off ---again?"