Veteran says speeding UPS truck killed his service dog

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Veteran says speeding UPS truck killed his service dog - KOIN 6

'Taz' was hit and killed in a Forest Grove mobile home park

A Forest Grove man said his service dog was hit and killed by a UPS truck speeding through his mobile home park.

Brian Lewis said the truck hit his chihuahua-corgi mix named Taz on Tuesday around noon in the Rose Grove Mobile Home Community. He said the truck was traveling too fast through an area where kids play when it struck Taz, sending the little dog flying.

"[The driver] didn't even seem fazed by it," said Lewis.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Veteran says speeding UPS truck killed his service dog - KOIN 6

'Taz' was hit and killed in a Forest Grove mobile home park

A Forest Grove man said his service dog was hit and killed by a UPS truck speeding through his mobile home park.

Brian Lewis said the truck hit his chihuahua-corgi mix named Taz on Tuesday around noon in the Rose Grove Mobile Home Community. He said the truck was traveling too fast through an area where kids play when it struck Taz, sending the little dog flying.

"[The driver] didn't even seem fazed by it," said Lewis.
Probably thought it was a squirrel.

Bob11B

“Service dog” has lost all credibility, people get this done so they can bring them wherever they want or get cheap flights. Should have had him on a leash...the guy probably never saw any action, probably did my laundry over there or handed me to-go plates after telling me I was too dirty to eat in the chow hall.

Fuzzy Brown

Call to the Ceter Manager after hitting a dog.

Driver: Hey I ran over someone’s dog.
Center Manager: Was in their driveway?
Driver: No.
Center Manager: Keep rollin’.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Sorry about Ol Taz

But, why was he in the street

Now you're not implying that the customer is wrong are you? Saying he is at fault for not making sure his dog wasn't in the street? Why do that when you can raise a fuss on the local news and guilt ups into replacing his "dog" and I use that term loosely.

Box Ox

Saying he is at fault for not making sure his dog wasn't in the street? Why do that when you can raise a fuss on the local news and guilt ups into replacing his "dog" and I use that term loosely.

Because apologizing for something that isn't your fault rather than placing blame where it should be has been proven time and again to cause more problems than there would have been otherwise. It's seen as an acknowledgement of guilt by the social media mob that's always waiting for more red meat to descend upon.

He said the truck was traveling too fast through an area

Folks will call in speed complaints if the truck is rolling at 5 in a 15 and the engine just sounds scary to them. Center is welcome to check speed on telematics every time.

Popcorn1

If it was a service dog it wouldn’t be in the road. Training is strict. Besides no one can speed in a trailer trash bc there are endless speed bumps in most all of them. How safe is it to stop a heavy truck? Special kind of stupid❤️

KoennenTiger

Because apologizing for something that isn't your fault rather than placing blame where it should be has been proven time and again to cause more problems than there would have been otherwise. It's seen as an acknowledgement of guilt by the social media mob that's always waiting for more red meat to descend upon.

Folks will call in speed complaints if the truck is rolling at 5 in a 15 and the engine just sounds scary to them. Center is welcome to check speed on telematics every time.

Back before I got this sweet gas p12, in my old manual diesal beast, I'd get a call a month about speeding. I go so much faster now. But this truck is so quiet if I had it from the start I'd probably hear well enough to notice when the wife is complaining. That thing roared just trying to get up to 10mph