Difference between TCD list and 6 for 1 list? Confused

Newguy351

Hi, I was a seasonal driver last year and before getting laid off in January I signed a 6 for 1 list sheet. I also started working on the inside load until I wait to get back on the truck as a driver in June. My boss told me that they will call me in June to drive again, but to do some loading, sorting in the meantime so I will be eligible to be put on the TCD list.

I've been working in inside for about 6 weeks. I spoke to someone in HR the other day and they said there are 11 driver jobs that are being filled this year. She said they are starting on the 6 for 1 list and then when that gets exhausted they will be moving to the TCD (Temporary Cover Driver) list.

Which is more important? I should be on both lists, but get conflicting information. Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks in advance.

Newguy351

I think it's called a "6 for 1". Meaning they have to hire 6 from within before they can hire 1 from off the street.

Meaning by working on the inside as a loader and being an employee I get dibs before season workers, and off the street people.

Newguy351

Yeah there was a sheet in January. We had to put our name on it and date we started. I just looked at it again on my phone to make sure I had the name of the sheet correct. I took a pic of it because I wanted to know what I was signing.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I think it's called a "6 for 1". Meaning they have to hire 6 from within before they can hire 1 from off the street.

Meaning by working on the inside as a loader and being an employee I get dibs before season workers, and off the street people.
Yeah we just call that a full time package car bid.

Never heard it called that but understand now.

Newguy351

She said the # of open positions being filled this year is pretty high. Have my fingers and toes crossed! Not really into the loading but I understand I have to start at the bottom rung and just do a good job

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
M8N8G3.gif

PT Car Washer

Sounds more like a package car driver intent sheet then a bid sheet. In my building UPS is having such a hard time filling FT jobs from inside that they have had to advertise.