Difficult Customers

cat2u

I searched but could not find any threads on this subject....do not open the customers door or enter his home, you would be putting yourself in a very bad position...don't do it.

Do any of you have that one customer who simply drives you crazy? I have this residential customer who is quickly becoming a serious PITA. He is a retired postal worker so I don't know if he has a grudge against us or not but his delivery "requirements" far exceed what we are required to provide. His home is a perfect front door driver release yet he insists that we deliver everything to his back door, which is actually located on a side street. No problem---I drive down that street, turn around in the first driveway on the right, pull up to his house, DR BD. Normally he is not home (thank goodness) but last time he was there and he told me that I am to open his back door and put everything inside of his house. I told him that I do not feel comfortable going in to his home and that all deliveries would be made per his request to his rear door and that they would be bagged in case of inclement weather. I had an S&V ride on Tuesday and discussed this stop with my on-car, who agreed that we should not be going in to customers' homes. Anyway, I received an ODS yesterday reminding me that all deliveries to this house are to be made to the rear door. I am to the point where I am seriously considering putting this guy on will call.

My question to you: Should I give in to the customers "requests" and open the rear door to his home and place the packages inside his home or should I stick to my guns and continue to place the packages out of sight and weather at his rear door per his request?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Never cross the threshold. I'll take one step to place a package inside for the elderly or a pregnant woman but that's it. I say for safety purposes I do not cross the threshold.

Back in the days of Bowflex (9 boxes) a customer asked me to take them to am upstairs bedroom. I responded with your front porch or your garage.

If she's hot enough, I'll take the bowflex upstairs, help assemble it, and then give her a workout (with or without the bowflex) haha.

Beautiful women always get me to go above and beyond. I'll go as far in as they want......to their house, I mean