Dirty-Dusty - Package cars.

Brownwind

When will they start cleaning the windows and trucks everyday like they used to?
The Trucks are Filthy!
Do your part and clean out the trash when you fill up. Take a few minutes every day and clean the windows yourself. The old days are over. Car washers are becoming a thing of the past. In our center the cars get rinsed off once a month now.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
When will they start cleaning the windows and trucks everyday like they used to?
The Trucks are Filthy!
01257C9A-3CEA-444F-8511-0DAD43F68080.gif

FE40042E-C161-443C-A7F3-0B32673B2728.gif

Babagounj

Strength through joy
For the built up dirty, just rinsing off the PC does nothing,
It needs to have a good scrubbing.
I've applied RainX to all my windows for the winter.

Appvol

For health and safety just code out wash and do it yourself. If you have to fuel your trucks take time to clean your windows. At my center since they never touch the trucks drivers will clean it

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
For the built up dirty, just rinsing off the PC does nothing,
It needs to have a good scrubbing.
I've applied RainX to all my windows for the winter.
I got the local sort/car wash crew to Rain-X all the mirrors and rear view cameras. Also applied Rain-X no fog to the interiors of the PCs we park outside during sort and load.
Both have made a tremendous difference. Logged it as a safety committee concern, brought it up to our ORS and center manager and both were all about it.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
Car washers are probably too busy stealing delivery work.
Ha they need the help so bad on Saturdays. Here a car washer (nearly retired) tried to work Saturday they didn’t let him. And I get a warning letter for not coming in on Saturday. So I don’t see any stealing work.

ToteHoarder

Safety issue
Yeah, man.

I wonder if anybody else is concerned about all that dust in the package cars especially while opening and closing the rear bulkhead door. That stuff is nasty. There’s tiny metal and glass pieces and who knows how much micro plastic particles.

The other night I took my package car to the car wash and pressure washed the back of the car to get rid of some of that.

I make it a point to hold my breath when opening and closing the rear bulkhead door.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Yeah, man.

I wonder if anybody else is concerned about all that dust in the package cars especially while opening and closing the rear bulkhead door. That stuff is nasty. There’s tiny metal and glass pieces and who knows how much micro plastic particles.

The other night I took my package car to the car wash and pressure washed the back of the car to get rid of some of that.

I make it a point to hold my breath when opening and closing the rear bulkhead door.
OSHA was just at our center and looked at the seal on the back of a bunch of the rear doors. Said it's just for looks. Said he was going to contact corporate about it, and if anyone has any concerns to call him and he will start formal complaints.

walk the jewels

just driving around in circles
As one who started their career at UPS unloading cars and washing them, I take great pleasure in washing my windows and cleaning the cab every night for a $1/min.
We used to wash every car every two days and ALL windows every night.
Now, nobody cleans nuffin... except me.
Beer tab for the night gets paid just so I can see through the windshield the next day.