Dirty-Dusty - Package cars.

Integrity

Binge Poster
when they did "clean" them it was like they did it with dirty mittens.
Our area has problems dealing with building and vehicle cleanliness issues because we have full time Teamster Porters and Car Washers.

Anytime these issues have come up, the ones who don’t want to do their jobs take exception to other Union brothers taking exception to the horrible state of the buildings and vehicles sanitary conditions and cleanliness.

You can probably guess how this goes.

Trucker Clock

How did it all shake out?

The termination? Well, it didn't work out very well for UPS. The Division Manager was pulled off his vacation to personally come and give me my job back with backpay for the 2 days I was off.

He was pissed that he had to do this. I overheard him talking to the Center Manager. He said that he had no idea how Corporate tracked him down. He was in "Bumfuked Egypt" on vacation and nobody knew where he was going.

He told me that he would pay me every single day to wash my package car, no matter how long it took.

He went on to make some other snide comments and idle threats. Safe to say, he no longer works here. I continued to code about half hour every day to wash my package car and clean the windows.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The termination? Well, it didn't work out very well for UPS. The Division Manager was pulled off his vacation to personally come and give me my job back with backpay for the 2 days I was off.

He was pissed that he had to do this. I overheard him talking to the Center Manager. He said that he had no idea how Corporate tracked him down. He was in "Bumfuked Egypt" on vacation and nobody knew where he was going.

He told me that he would pay me every single day to wash my package car, no matter how long it took.

He went on to make some other snide comments and idle threats. Safe to say, he no longer works here. I continued to code about half hour every day to wash my package car and clean the windows.
Sounds awesome.

In my experience UPS often has no problem settling with one to avoid dealing with issues like this that should and could be brought up as a class action type of issue.

The squeaky wheel often gets the grease.

What you did took a lot of courage and integrity too.

Trucker Clock

Sounds awesome.

In my experience UPS often has no problem settling with one to avoid dealing with issues like this that should and could be brought up as a class action type of issue.

The squeaky wheel often gets the grease.

What you did took a lot of courage and integrity too.

The grievance was settled a while later. I guess UPS got so butt hurt over me going to Corporate, that they delayed the grievance numerous times. Eventually, all the package cars were washed every night.

Commercial Inside Release

You might not want zoomers (the current majority of car washers,) to wash your truck. I had a brand new truck, and because it was parked while I was off and available while they were standing around, they washed it. It went from a truck customers would say "wow" and ask to have a look at it, to some joke that looked like it had been vandalized with a wire brush.

Center manager was too drunk at the time to work longer than 10:40am, and the only steward was out on FMLA, which we later found out was jail, because he was beating his wife.

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
4BCFDD3E-2AB4-4DCA-B067-0180EADD9852.jpeg

Don’t live here any more, but did for awhile. No 4x4, only some weight in the back and good tires to get me around. Driving stick helps a bit too

vvv

Could ups discipline you? If you code out for car wash and clean your package car? Isn’t that stealing time?
Dude are you frigging CRAZY?

My truck is the cleanest is the whole fleet nationwide. I think I've made more money cleaning my truck than delivering boxes over my many years.
I clean all windows inside and out, clean the ENTIRE dash in front of me along with the front defroster runner area, underneath the dash area gets wiped down, clean all metal under my seat, clean all the heater area on far right, occasionally do bulkhead door and wall behind seat and such so it doesn't grime up from neglect over time......along with inner side doors. And I power spray inner cargo when I return to building pretty often and sometimes do the shelves with wand as well. (I come back relatively empty and am able to).

I had a sup tell me 20+ years ago to code out lunch for cleaning and laughed in his face. Easy OT for maintaining vehicle buddy.

vvv

As one who started their career at UPS unloading cars and washing them, I take great pleasure in washing my windows and cleaning the cab every night for a $1/min.
We used to wash every car every two days and ALL windows every night.
Now, nobody cleans nuffin... except me.
Beer tab for the night gets paid just so I can see through the windshield the next day.
Well what do you know......another driver with a GOSH DAMN BRAIN!! Pretty hard to come by nowadays .Well done friend.

Years ago the shop over greased and lubed up my back door so bad it was all on rails and inner back door was filthy. Was getting on boxes which then got on me. So when I finished I went to AutoZone on my route and bought some degreaser and a roll of those nicer blue shop towels and cleaned the gunk for 2 hours (not joking) all on OT.

vvv

Good for you brother. Many drivers unfortunately are slobs and don't care about their working environment. And when the select few of us who like to work in presentable conditions do our part they look at us like the castoffs and we are somehow stealing time or busting their balls.....not the case.