Dirty Trucks

AwashBwashCwash

I have to wash trucks at the end of the night after sort and these drivers are absolute slobs. They leave trash all in the cab for us to clean like we're their personal janitors (too lazy to pick up their own water bottles I guess) then have the gall to bitch and moan the next morning to management if we miss one tiny spot on their nasty trucks.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I could not or would not drive a dirty tractor. If the previous driver did not wash at the end of their shift I would and then wash it again at the end of the shift. Managers used to get pissed at me about their On Time Network BS because I would leave the yard late almost everyday.

I would tell them ." why don't you talk to the driver who did not wash the truck before I got it and get off my :censored2:ing back"

We had a lot of pigs in feeder. They would wear their gloves all day and there would be grease on the shifter , inside door handles, steering wheels , and everywhere else. That would take me 10 minutes alone to clean. then I had to wash it.

I usually did not get mad unless it was a snow night when time was really tight. I just looked at it as these idiot drivers were financing my retirement. Probably one of the reasons why i could retire a couple years early.

vvv

I washed my own truck everyday. 15-20 minutes of OT at least. perhaps 2 plus grand extra a year?

Free money just for your own self respect as well as taking care of the company issued property. Can't see why the clown troop would pass on it, but then again that's just one reason why management feels enabled to break out routes and such. Too many drivers running around in a hurry like their :censored2: is on fire and they have somewhere important to go.
Don't worry boys....that cold beer will still be waiting in the fridge 30 minutes later.

vvv

I could not or would not drive a dirty tractor. If the previous driver did not wash at the end of their shift I would and then wash it again at the end of the shift. Managers used to get :censored2: at me about their On Time Network BS because I would leave the yard late almost everyday.

I would tell them ." why don't you talk to the driver who did not wash the truck before I got it and get off my :censored2:ing back"

We had a lot of pigs in feeder. They would wear their gloves all day and there would be grease on the shifter , inside door handles, steering wheels , and everywhere else. That would take me 10 minutes alone to clean. then I had to wash it.

I usually did not get mad unless it was a snow night when time was really tight. I just looked at it as these idiot drivers were financing my retirement. Probably one of the reasons why i could retire a couple years early.

Well played my friend.....well played!!

I'm dead serious when I tell you that between the outside, cargo, cab, and windows both in n out I've used 2 hours spread out in a day. And I could care less. I always come first.
One time a goofball mechanic totally soaked the inner back door of my regular truck with all that grease while on PMI. And the roller rails were all gunked up too and getting on the packages which then got on my uniform and I couldn't have been more pissed.
After my route that day I went to the store and bought shop towels and degreaser and cleaned the rails and that door on company time til it was white again for 2 solid hours.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have to wash trucks at the end of the night after sort and these drivers are absolute slobs. They leave trash all in the cab for us to clean like we're their personal janitors (too lazy to pick up their own water bottles I guess) then have the gall to bitch and moan the next morning to management if we miss one tiny spot on their nasty trucks.

Dude;

What did you think your job entailed ?

Just driving pkg cars to the carwash and back ?

Come on....

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
5B91BEC1-CB8C-4885-874D-3A557B0D4497.jpeg
Write dirty words in the crud. Be creative.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
3B4810CC-1663-42A9-AF90-E0DC29BAE4FA.gif

I'm dead serious when I tell you that between the outside, cargo, cab, and windows both in n out I've used 2 hours spread out in a day. And I could care less. I always come first.
One time a goofball mechanic totally soaked the inner back door of my regular truck with all that grease while on PMI. And the roller rails were all gunked up too and getting on the packages which then got on my uniform and I couldn't have been more :censored2:.
After my route that day I went to the store and bought shop towels and degreaser and cleaned the rails and that door on company time til it was white again for 2 solid hours.

Nike

Free money just for your own self respect as well as taking care of the company issued property. Can't see why the clown troop would pass on it, but then again that's just one reason why management feels enabled to break out routes and such. Too many drivers running around in a hurry like their :censored2: is on fire and they have somewhere important to go.
Don't worry boys....that cold beer will still be waiting in the fridge 30 minutes later.
Couldn't of said it better myself it's like nobody wants to work more than 5 minutes, part time or full time, it's crazy how little it takes to clean up after yourself.

vvv

It is what it is brother....no Fake News coming from my end of the deal.

Just making a statement as to how I go about my job and how I handle things.
Feel free to be in question. I can guarantee you that if anyone on here read this and knows me well they'd be like "Oh ya...that's (name)".

And that goes for many things on here. Not too many people if none do things or see things the way I do.

AwashBwashCwash

Dude;

What did you think your job entailed ?

Just driving pkg cars to the carwash and back ?

Come on....

We don't have a car wash, we do it by hand.
And my point is that if you're gonna whine to the managers like a baby when we miss a speck of dust, you could at least throw out all the empty ring ding and funyun packages out the cab when you leave at the end of the day. I guess you guys need another $40 an hour before you'll start picking up your own trash.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

One time a goofball mechanic totally soaked the inner back door of my regular truck with all that grease while on PMI. And the roller rails were all gunked up too and getting on the packages which then got on my uniform and I couldn't have been more :censored2:.
Bologna