Disability Question

I have a friend that just started at UPS. Was hired this month permanently part time after working seasonal. He got injured off the job, is he allowed to go on disability or will the union not help?

542thruNthru

I have a friend that just started at UPS. Was hired this month permanently part time after working seasonal. He got injured off the job, is he allowed to go on disability or will the union not help?

He'd have to check his state disability. Though if he hasn't made probation UPS may cut him when he returns.

Justaloader

Why would the Union help with any injury that occurred outside of work, or any disability that your "friend" didn't initially have when he was hired? He hasn't been with UPS long enough to obtain benefits. He's SOL from what I can see....

rocket man

even full-time employees if they get hurt off the job on the weekend say. The only thing walk at is short-term disability and you better get better by the time it runs out