Disability

$BILL

Your obviously depressed, this is a serious medical condition. If you feel suicidal even in passing you must get admitted to a hospital. Trust me they take this seriously. once you have this you will get disability for as long as your condition persists. Dont do this lightly though. You will never be able to get life insurance once you pass this rubicon.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dude you have got to be the most inconsiderate person I've ever had the displeasure of posting with. The dudes father just passed and he is obviously distraught over it. It wasn't a pet or a friend he went to school with, but his father. Cut him some slack.

Had it been with a few weeks of the passing I would have been more compassionate but it had been several months so I stand by my comment.

Re-Raise

Had it been with a few weeks of the passing I would have been more compassionate but it had been several months so I stand by my comment.
People grieve in different ways and for different lengths of time.

My wife's father passed away very unexpectedly a month ago. I loved the man also, but I know he would want us to continue on with our lives.

My wife, however, is still struggling with the loss.

I would never be arrogant or insensitive enough to dream of telling another person how they should grieve a crushing loss like this. Even on an anonymous message board.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Thanks everyone for the replies and the support. Been trying to just focus on work but it's pretty tough. I feel burnt out. Covering 2 areas dealing with my full time supe, then going home supporting my mom. I barely sleep. One of my co-workers actually talked to me today about it. Convinced me to call the insurance I get and see if I can get some help. Let's see what happens.
When my wife passed away, I was out of work for 2 weeks.
Needed to go back and feel normal again, plus wasn't prepared enough and needed the paychecks.
The stress and shock will always be there but will subside.

Reading and rereading your posts, sounds like your mother is in need of assistance more.
Not sure if you are saying mentally or financially, but she needs to call her doctor and use her healthcare services.
Not sure if I'm reading into it too much, but August 10th and yesterday you are asking if you can find a way to stay home and get paid for it.
With my experience with death, you will never find solace with that approach and will only hold you back.
You need to find your mother a support system so you are not burdened with the added stress.

(Just an opinion on a public forum)