discharge information Please

OneBoxAtATime

Really need to talk to your business agent about this. Lots of variables here, and maybe things we don’t know. All I can tell you now as I don’t see any way you’re terminated permanently for this
Thanks for the Advice! I go in to discuss this craziness. I'm not going to admit to anything I didn't do, it will be a lot of "I don't remember" Which is the truth lol. Wish me luck!

Thebrownblob

Thanks for the Advice! I go in to discuss this craziness. I'm not going to admit to anything I didn't do, it will be a lot of "I don't remember" Which is the truth lol. Wish me luck!
That is the correct answer. None of us can remember every minute details of a busy day.
Having some jackass follow you for hours looking for mistakes is not good management it’s harassment.

Pullman Brown

How are your stewards and business agent? If this is the whole story, then they need to be backing you and pointing out that this is clear harassment 101.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
They can claim the computer always shows and I’ll tell you this. Me scanning a bulk stop and putting the diad down has caused it to do dumb things like unconfirming a package that has already been scanned or touching the screen on accident and it confirming a package scanned that I didn’t physically scan myself.
This touch screen idea on the diads is dumb

Thebrownblob

They can claim the computer always shows and I’ll tell you this. Me scanning a bulk stop and putting the diad down has caused it to do dumb things like unconfirming a package that has already been scanned or touching the screen on accident and it confirming a package scanned that I didn’t physically scan myself.
Causes so many unintended mistakes it’s not funny.

OneBoxAtATime

You are 100% correct!

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
I bring a dry washcloth with me everyday in case of sporadic storms because god forbid these screens and wet don’t mix at all

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If everything you’re saying is true and I have no reason to believe it’s not. You’ll be back to work shortly. You’ll have to decide how far you want to push it. No need to code out one bathroom break while you’re waiting for a pick up. You would only need to code out bathroom breaks if it’s excessively throughout the day to cover yourself. Talk to you, Steward and your business agent and make sure you file a grievance the way they tell you to.

Never coded out to take a piss I think there’s a law that says you don’t have to

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Management: " what took you so long at this stop?"
Answer " Thats how long it took working safely and by the methods"

Management " Do you think you could have done it quicker"
Answer " I was working safely and by the methods"

Management " what can you do to increase your SPORH?
Answer " i will work safely and by the methods"

And be certain you ARE . The company's 'Leadership" is nothing but Harassment and Intimidation.
I always preferred those answers rather than " i'm not sure or I dont Know due to the fact that Management will then try their best to trip you up, get you to somehow change your story then terminate you for dishonesty

OneBoxAtATime

Management: " what took you so long at this stop?"
Answer " Thats how long it took working safely and by the methods"

Management " Do you think you could have done it quicker"
Answer " I was working safely and by the methods"

Management " what can you do to increase your SPORH?
Answer " i will work safely and by the methods"

And be certain you ARE . The company's 'Leadership" is nothing but Harassment and Intimidation.
I always preferred those answers rather than " i'm not sure or I dont Know due to the fact that Management will then try their best to trip you up, get you to somehow change your story then terminate you for dishonesty
I love those answers and I will use them on Tuesday! How about adding another part to the phrase? "I was working safely and by the methods to the best of my ability! What you think?

Cowboy Mac

Ive been driving for 23 years. On January 11th 2023 (Wednesday) I had 162 stops 319 pkgs I was bulked out!
Well My Supervisor followed me for 4 hours. The next day they took me out of service for an investigation . They told me to come in on Monday to discuss . First They asked if I took My full hour lunch, I told them yes But I took 10 mins around 1pm and a 50 min after I finished my Route . Yes It was after the 8th hour.

2nd they questioned my day, Example: Why did it take you 7 mins to Deliver 1 pkg to 2818 south st.? 727 carondelet st, 1 pkg. 7 mins? 600 carol st 7 mins 1 pkg? I told them I Dont remember but i can promise you I was working, Which is the Truth, I cannot remember what i did 2 hours ago sometimes.
3rd I had 25 pkgs going to a school . I opened the back and started talking a few big boxes out of my pkg car just so I
can find all 25 boxes for the school. according to info. from the Diad . I scanned some boxes put them onto the dolly . came back for the 2nd load BUT at 11:17 I voided 1 box , which is bull:censored2:, Why would I intentionally do that. Then I loaded the dolly with the rest of the boxes. When I counted the boxes it was 25 , (to my knowledge). I completed the stop at 11:23. When I got back to the pkg car I loaded up the few boxes I took off and went to the next stop. At 7:00pm I found a box for that School. So I scanned it just to see what it would say. It said "this pkg was already has been delivered " (I swear I saw that ) I should have taking a picture of that. So If it was voided then how come it said already been delivered? So I called a manager and they said to sheet it up as missed. (I did record him saying that). Oh I left something out, They said I only delivered 24 at the school.

4th Hes where its total Bull:censored2: , They said I was creating more stops in my diad. Example: If I have 2 pkges for 1 stop I would get 2 stops out the deal. They said I did that to about 13 stops. I would never do that to jeopardize my career .

5th I had to pick up a call tag at this guys house/business , He converted his garage into his office,
when I knocked on the door he said come in im getting the pkg ready, I said great can I use your restroom while you get the pkg ready. Do i did! They watched me go into his office. They said why didnt you code out 10 mins of your lunch? Im sure we are required to use the bathroom on the ckock. So thats steeling time according to them. Dont mean to be gross but I didnt just pee in the bathroom.

So they Discharged me for What I just typed, Voiding that pkgs, and using the bathroom on company time.

I go to the local hearing on Tuesday January 31 . What do you guys think? I need some feed back! thanks
I don’t remember is an acceptable answer. There’s no way we can remember every single stop, every minute of the day. Whatever you do, tell the truth, do not lie or speculate as to what you might have been doing for those 7 minutes.

If they fired you for using the restroom on the clock I would contact a lawyer. Look up osha restroom laws

OneBoxAtATime

Why take a :censored2: on the clock when you had 50 minutes of a break that you weren't going to use until after finishing your route.
It was building up! When I arrive at the guy's House/business. I knocked on the door, He opened the door and said come on in I'm finishing up my pkg. Thats when I ask him if I could use his restroom. It was his garage that he converted in his office. Its like killing two birds with one stone.