discharge information Please

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I love those answers and I will use them on Tuesday! How about adding another part to the phrase? "I was working safely and by the methods to the best of my ability! What you think?
sounds good!
Management loves to go on Fishing Expeditions and try to rattle you with questions .Keeping the answers short and sweet and CONSISTENT are always the best way to go.
They WANT you rattled and upset because you cant remember little minute details about your day. They know it;s impossible to document every single second so the long game is to get you to somehow give conflicting answers so they can terminate you for "dishonesty'
Management are all soulless, heartless pricks and will ALWAYS be the enemy

OneBoxAtATime

I don’t remember is an acceptable answer. There’s no way we can remember every single stop, every minute of the day. Whatever you do, tell the truth, do not lie or speculate as to what you might have been doing for those 7 minutes.

If they fired you for using the restroom on the clock I would contact a lawyer. Look up osha restroom laws
what wonderful advice! thank you so much! What about this Padin stops, that's crazy I'm a 23-year driver. I would never do anything to jeopardize my career. I hate our new touch screen. when I put it in my Hoster it will highlight a different stop. And sometimes it will finish the stop for you.

OneBoxAtATime

sounds good!
Management loves to go on Fishing Expeditions and try to rattle you with questions .Keeping the answers short and sweet and CONSISTENT are always the best way to go.
They WANT you rattled and upset because you cant remember little minute details about your day. They know it;s impossible to document every single second so the long game is to get you to somehow give conflicting answers so they can terminate you for "dishonesty'
Management are all soulless, heartless pricks and will ALWAYS be the enemy
Amen!

OneBoxAtATime

Also did you read what I said about how they said I was creating/padding stops in my board. Their no way I would do that and jeopardize my career. How would you respond to that? I promise if I really did that, I would tell you the truth. But I didn't I'm a 23-year driver. I don't play games with my career.

TSB

Yeah, I'm a road hog
I love those answers and I will use them on Tuesday! How about adding another part to the phrase? "I was working safely and by the methods to the best of my ability! What you think?
Don't embellish the answer/advice given. Any answer you give management regarding your work habits should be this statement alone with no embellishment. "I was working safely and by the methods".

vvv

Ive been driving for 23 years. On January 11th 2023 (Wednesday) I had 162 stops 319 pkgs I was bulked out!
Well My Supervisor followed me for 4 hours. The next day they took me out of service for an investigation . They told me to come in on Monday to discuss . First They asked if I took My full hour lunch, I told them yes But I took 10 mins around 1pm and a 50 min after I finished my Route . Yes It was after the 8th hour.

2nd they questioned my day, Example: Why did it take you 7 mins to Deliver 1 pkg to 2818 south st.? 727 carondelet st, 1 pkg. 7 mins? 600 carol st 7 mins 1 pkg? I told them I Dont remember but i can promise you I was working, Which is the Truth, I cannot remember what i did 2 hours ago sometimes.
3rd I had 25 pkgs going to a school . I opened the back and started talking a few big boxes out of my pkg car just so I
can find all 25 boxes for the school. according to info. from the Diad . I scanned some boxes put them onto the dolly . came back for the 2nd load BUT at 11:17 I voided 1 box , which is bull:censored2:, Why would I intentionally do that. Then I loaded the dolly with the rest of the boxes. When I counted the boxes it was 25 , (to my knowledge). I completed the stop at 11:23. When I got back to the pkg car I loaded up the few boxes I took off and went to the next stop. At 7:00pm I found a box for that School. So I scanned it just to see what it would say. It said "this pkg was already has been delivered " (I swear I saw that ) I should have taking a picture of that. So If it was voided then how come it said already been delivered? So I called a manager and they said to sheet it up as missed. (I did record him saying that). Oh I left something out, They said I only delivered 24 at the school.

4th Hes where its total Bull:censored2: , They said I was creating more stops in my diad. Example: If I have 2 pkges for 1 stop I would get 2 stops out the deal. They said I did that to about 13 stops. I would never do that to jeopardize my career .

5th I had to pick up a call tag at this guys house/business , He converted his garage into his office,
when I knocked on the door he said come in im getting the pkg ready, I said great can I use your restroom while you get the pkg ready. Do i did! They watched me go into his office. They said why didnt you code out 10 mins of your lunch? Im sure we are required to use the bathroom on the ckock. So thats steeling time according to them. Dont mean to be gross but I didnt just pee in the bathroom.

So they Discharged me for What I just typed, Voiding that pkgs, and using the bathroom on company time.

I go to the local hearing on Tuesday January 31 . What do you guys think? I need some feed back! thanks
#'s 1,2 & 5 you are fine on.

#'s 3 & 4 to be brutally honest you sound like you are full of horse poop!!
Sounds like you screwed up recording school stops and accidentally did not record one and unfortunately found it too late in the day, causing a missed commercial stop.
As for padding stops, unless you were delivering to something like a mall or condos where there are multiple stops under one address you'd be fine. However I'm guessing if they think that you padded that many duplicate stops something funny was going on.

Long story short, they have a stiff one in their pants for you and are looking to make good on it. If you do get back to work quit being a screw up and keep it on the on the up n up or you'll be tossed in short time for good.

Iamsomebody

It was building up! When I arrive at the guy's House/business. I knocked on the door, He opened the door and said come on in I'm finishing up my pkg. Thats when I ask him if I could use his restroom. It was his garage that he converted in his office. Its like killing two birds with one stone.
My point is why not just code it out as a break instead of wasting 50 minutes of your life taking a "break" after work. I just dont get the logic of people taking a break after they are done with their route.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
My point is why not just code it out as a break instead of wasting 50 minutes of your life taking a "break" after work. I just dont get the logic of people taking a break after they are done with their route.
I wonder this sometimes.
I might take one break in building, but only because I enjoy dicking around after work plus it helps keep it as an emergency cool-off kind of break like a crappy person interaction or when management shoots something insane in the diad they make for a good 10 minute call with the steward.

How you can survive taking a whole lunch in building though...

Cowboy Mac

what wonderful advice! thank you so much! What about this Padin stops, that's crazy I'm a 23-year driver. I would never do anything to jeopardize my career. I hate our new touch screen. when I put it in my Hoster it will highlight a different stop. And sometimes it will finish the stop for you.
Not sure how to argue padding stops. Me personally, it doesn’t matter to me how many stops it is, if it’s 1 or 5. I don’t recognize their production numbers, I am doing the best I can as safely as I can.

I have had times with the new diad where I am delivering a bulk stop (multiple trips with the dolly) I scan the first load in front of the customer, walk back outside, bring the second load in and scan. But this time maybe one or two packages comes up as already scanned. Because the diad is pushing all kinds of buttons in the holster while you’re walking.

OneBoxAtATime

#'s 1,2 & 5 you are fine on.

#'s 3 & 4 to be brutally honest you sound like you are full of horse poop!!
Sounds like you screwed up recording school stops and accidentally did not record one and unfortunately found it too late in the day, causing a missed commercial stop.
As for padding stops, unless you were delivering to something like a mall or condos where there are multiple stops under one address you'd be fine. However I'm guessing if they think that you padded that many duplicate stops something funny was going on.

Long story short, they have a stiff one in their pants for you and are looking to make good on it. If you do get back to work quit being a screw up and keep it on the on the up n up or you'll be tossed in short time for good.
First of all, thanks for being straight up with me! Let me explain about this school stop. Keep in mind i was bulked out that day. Pulled my dolly out and went to the back opened the door. Had to take some boxes off to get to that bulk stop. (My board said 25 boxes). I loaded up the dolly went into the school. Went back to the car loaded up dolly. at this time, they said I Voided 1 pkg at 11:15. went into the school dropped load. went back to the car for the final load. Put all the pkgs that i had to take off back into the car, closed the door. went back into the school. I'm telling you after I saw 25 stops scanned pkgs. (yes eyes can play tricks on people). Stopped completed it. Started delivering again. 7pm, I found the pkg for the school. I was like "what the hell" So I scanned it just to see what it would say. It said pkg already been delivered. (If it said it was voided earlier than why would it say otherwise)? So, I called them, and they told me to sheet it up as missed. Then they told me that I delivered 24 for the school. I'm being honest with you, that's how this stop went down. Please tell me your thoughts. Thanks!

Trucker Clock

Yes It was after the 8th hour.

Doesn't matter. Not a dischargeable offense.

2nd they questioned my day, Example: Why did it take you 7 mins to Deliver 1 pkg to 2818 south st.? 727 carondelet st, 1 pkg. 7 mins? 600 carol st 7 mins 1 pkg?

Doesn't matter. Not a dischargeable offense.

At 7:00pm I found a box for that School. So I scanned it just to see what it would say. It said "this pkg was already has been delivered " (I swear I saw that ) I should have taking a picture of that. So If it was voided then how come it said already been delivered?

You called it in. They told you to sheet it as missed. You worked as instructed..

So I called a manager and they said to sheet it up as missed. (I did record him saying that).

You worked as instructed.

They said I only delivered 24 at the school.

Maybe you scanned 25 and didn't throw all 25 on the cart to be delivered. And you found it later. Not a dischargeable offense.

They said I was creating more stops in my diad. Example: If I have 2 pkges for 1 stop I would get 2 stops out the deal.

This could be an issue. Does your DIAD actually show 2 completed stops at the same address? 13 different times?

They said why didnt you code out 10 mins of your lunch?

Don't have to. Not a dischargeable offense.

Voiding that pkgs, and using the bathroom on company time.

If you did void the package, it was an error. Not a dischargeable offense. And you don't have to clock out to use the bathroom. Not a dischargeable offense.

I see you coming back tomorrow.

OneBoxAtATime

They said I was creating extra stops on that day. I'm being really honest I don't remember doing that, I'm 54 years old and would never do anything intentionally to jeopardize my career. Everyone says to be honest. how do I defend myself on that matter? Now I do remember later that night I delivered 412 chase and 408 chase Neighbors. I delivered 408 first then 412, when I stopped completed 412 as I was walking back to the pkg car, it said I had another one for 412, so I when back and rescanned 412 I press duplicate, so it won't show as an extra stop. What you think? And thanks for breaking it down for me!

Thebrownblob

They said I was creating extra stops on that day. I'm being really honest I don't remember doing that, I'm 54 years old and would never do anything intentionally to jeopardize my career. Everyone says to be honest. how do I defend myself on that matter? Now I do remember later that night I delivered 412 chase and 408 chase Neighbors. I delivered 408 first then 412, when I stopped completed 412 as I was walking back to the pkg car, it said I had another one for 412, so I when back and rescanned 412 I press duplicate, so it won't show as an extra stop. What you think? And thanks for breaking it down for me!
Can you even do a duplicate in diad 6? If you can, I’m not aware how and they’ve never said a word about duplicate stops since diad 5

Can you even do a duplicate in diad 6? If you can, I’m not aware how and they’ve never said a word about duplicate stops since diad 5
Yes there is a duplicate key . When you open up the stock on the top right hand corner there's three little dots tap on that.
It will give you an options of hitting duplicates stop or switching it from residential to commercial

Trucker Clock

If you only did that once, no big deal.

You said they told you it happened 13 times, I think.

If they pull the records and you only did it once at 412, even if you didn’t hit duplicate, it won’t be an issue.

If the records show multiple times at multiple addresses, here’s what they’re going to do. They are going to audit your records for the past month to see if you have a habit of doing this.

If you’re “clean” I would expect a slap on the wrist tomorrow and training on how to correctly deliver duplicate stops.

And for your sake, I hope you’re “clean.” The records will show it.

Good luck tomorrow.

OneBoxAtATime

If you only did that once, no big deal.

You said they told you it happened 13 times, I think.

If they pull the records and you only did it once at 412, even if you didn’t hit duplicate, it won’t be an issue.

If the records show multiple times at multiple addresses, here’s what they’re going to do. They are going to audit your records for the past month to see if you have a habit of doing this.

If you’re “clean” I would expect a slap on the wrist tomorrow and training on how to correctly deliver duplicate stops.

And for your sake, I hope you’re “clean.” The records will show it.

Good luck tomorrow.
Thanks so much! I'll let you know how it goes.

El Correcto

god is dead
The most troubling thing management has you on is the duplicate stops without marking them duplicate.
I’m not sure how serious that is, because honest mistakes happen, but I wouldn’t be making that mistake a habit.