discharge information Please

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
It's virtually impossible to go a week without duplicate stops and most drivers still don't bother at all. Not really errors if you deliver to the same place twice can just be a lapse in memory.

Shorts365

In my six years no one has ever mentioned marking a go-back/run-around as a duplicate.

I DR front door then stop complete for one package, and then NI1 the signature required at the same address every day. No one has ever said anything. I'm positive this wasn't brought up in intergrad or during my training either.

One time the supervisor even got mad at me for scanning 15 locker deliveries as one stop instead of 15 individual stops because I was in a hurry.

Last edited:

gopack

Good Question, lol Let me explain. In 2020 we had a different center manager. He Discharged me for putting a pkg in the Mailbox. but I Driver Released it to the front door, so I was falsifying delivery records. I Was out for a week. He called me back on Monday and reduced it down to a week suspension. I just got on that Route The, customer had 2 mailboxes one for USPS and one for UPS. I'm only telling you this because I'm wondering if the higher UPS even knew about that incident. So, if the higher UPS knew it would be my 2nd.
Retired a year ago, but I did spend the last 15 years running rural areas. I had many customers that had and extra mail box marked UPS/Fed-Ex, or had some sort of containers to keep packages safe from weather, dogs, and pirates. Every time I Dr'd I would hit other, and type UPS Box. Never had an issue, and no one said to do otherwise on safety rides.

BrownSnowFlake

In my six years no one has ever mentioned marking a go-back/run-around as a duplicate.
Same.
I’ve noticed the button but never received any instruction on using it. I’m sure my management team has no idea, they can barely use the DIAD 6. What does one stop amount to, 3 minutes maybe?

Not a bonus center.

Thebrownblob

Same.
I’ve noticed the button but never received any instruction on using it. I’m sure my management team has no idea, they can barely use the DIAD 6. What does one stop amount to, 3 minutes maybe?

Not a bonus center.
Before diad six to duplicate button was pretty easy to get to, and we had quite a bit of discipline about using it. Since diad six not one word. And not one management person in my center even knows how. The only reason I know how is because @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U here told me. Great training UPS!

Last edited:

AKCoverMan

With the facts you presented no way it goes to the panel.
If it goes to panel it’ll be one where they wait till you’re in the hall waiting to go in then will suddenly offer you job back with no back pay. Don’t take it, it sounds like you are righteous and they are just trying to put fear into the workgroup (“oooooo see what happened to OneBox? We better be afraid!”) You should be made whole.

Even if you made a human error in the scenario (don’t know that you did just sayin) I don’t see anything that is a Cardinal Sin so the termination is wrong. Be humble but firm..you did nothing to warrant a term, so they have stolen money from you. Back pay is appropriate don‘t be bullied. We’re Teamsters we are better than that!!

AKCoverMan

How are your stewards and business agent? If this is the whole story, then they need to be backing you and pointing out that this is clear harassment 101.
Yup. I’d bring countering with Art 37 harassment and asking for back pay plus triple time for the day in question. Settle on reinstatement with back pay and ”agree to follow” on Art 37.

This reeks of company just picking on a decent senior driver for the sole purpose of intimidating the rest of the ORS group. “Let’s make an example of someone…”

AKCoverMan

Nope. It’s firing season. Jan-Mar is thin the herd time. They probably get an edict from the ivory tower to find 5 drivers to send on a six month vacation while they wait for panel. Best of luck OP.
Last time around on contracts we put in local sup requirement for company to meet with union inside 30 calendar days for term cases for this very reason. Early in carrier I was termed on a tier one crash totally wrong but we didnt have this in contract then so I took two months.