Discharge

Get me a steward

I was given a warning letter on or around July 2015. I was then given a suspension some time after that and received a discharge in February 2016. They have been holding this discharge over my head for a while now. I'm wondering how long could they use this against me? I'm not sure how the 9 month rule applies and my stewards are of no help they just say "just don't be late anymore" while also making it seem like I should be worried

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I was given a warning letter on or around July 2015. I was then given a suspension some time after that and received a discharge in February 2016. They have been holding this discharge over my head for a while now. I'm wondering how long could they use this against me? I'm not sure how the 9 month rule applies and my stewards are of no help they just say "just don't be late anymore" while also making it seem like I should be worried
How many times do you need to be disciplined before you start showing up on time?

We have a driver on a working termination since last October.

barnyard

KTM rider
Maybe do what the stewards suggest. If not, look for another job. It is easier to find a job when you are working than after you are fired.

Box Ox

my stewards are of no help they just say "just don't be late anymore"

They're right. And there are plenty of pieces of meat waiting in line right behind you that have no problem with being on time. No problem giving you the boot and hauling one in if you can't be punched in by your start time. We have to be on time in our line of work.

WorknLateHuh

all of you just don't understand... you see, it's an inconvenience to have to show up to work on time. I don't see what the big deal is with everyone else that's on time having to pull extra weight until he decides what time is acceptable to show up for work. I mean, we are here to carry everyone else

I'm sorry you picked a job where you actually have to follow guidelines for a paycheck. Poor you

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was hoping with the title this thread was about something else.
?

th

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The correct way to use progressive discipline is to change a behavior. The whole idea is much like a spanking a small child receives when he does something that isn't correct after being told so multiple times. The reason it's progressive is you've made it known the previous level of "pain" doesn't bother you enough to change. Once you get to the point of termination, the company has exhausted all resources to get you to comply to the rules and agreement you made when you signed up for employment. This is how discipline should be used, and how it seems to be being used against you

Short version, daddy is about the bring the belt out on your ass because you keep misbehaving.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

This made me laugh so hard hahaha

Me too!

I was going to offer a suggestion but then I remembered you from before crying and whining about losing your job and realized you give the best advice to others. You should take your own advice instead of dishing it out...

Narcissistic entitlement. Go find another 80k+ a year job that gives a pension Healthcare and is unionized with only a high school diploma. You're the same guy I hear say "man I wish I would've stayed at ups"
I have no plans to find another job. I'm fine right where I am and the union helps me keep it that way :) good luck firing me LOL
I'm sure this will all be true shortly

It's funny cause I show up on time every day. Don't talk back to supervisors, never misload and never steal. I just load as slow as I see fit. Not my fault other guys like to bust their ass and pick up my slack. We all get paid about the same on preload. If they wanna destroy their bodies doing this work while I sit back and relax be my guest. Or they can do the smart thing and take their time and use all the time we are given and Noone would ever have extra work
And this is the reason I hope a :censored2: like you gets no help from the union. Hopefully you will be gone from UPS soon so that the people who want to work and be on time will have a chance for a good future and career. I would offer advice like everyone else does about working at McDonald's but I think they are even to good for you.

Next time I see you working at quik mart in the morning when I am going to my $100k job, make damn sure the coffee is fresh and the floor is mopped, I wouldn't want you to lose your $8.50 an hour job. I pay enough in taxes now that I don't want to have to pay for you to sit on your lazy ass and collect unemployment, I do that already for all the welfare babies.