Discharged

Eye To Eye Contact.

I recently got discharged. For rolling a package. It was a misload. I was in a rush and made a mistake. I didn't put a scan on it. And put it in the send again car. Did have do it with the intention to be dishonest. I made a mistake yes. Should have sent the misload in when I found it. But I was just in go mode and kept on delivering and set it to the side. Has anyone here been discharged for this and gotten their job back. I'm waiting on the union to tell me when my hearing is. I've been an employee since 2014. A good worker I never complain about a 13 hour day. I go in get my job done and go home. I just made this mistake. I have hid some issues in the past for no scans at a bulk stop or having to many backs and occasionally a record in travel. But nothing really major. I know we have some drivers that have been discharged more than 5 times for rolling or backing into things. For peace of mind. I'm really just asking what are the chances I will win my hearing and get my job back. It's been a week and a half now and hey said my hearing could be anywhere from 2-8 weeks ?? Any respond would be appreciated. Just keep it serious because I'm takin this very serious and I'm trying to get my job back. Thank y'all

Eye To Eye Contact.

Just be sincere and honest and you'll be OK most likely.
Glad to hear that. I know for a fact we have one driver who's been discharged literally 9 times and the two most recent for backing into a car. Said driver came back from that and for stealing and rumors floating around that said driver is also coming back from that. ? I want to think I'm gonna be okay. I'm honestly just really broken down from this. And wife isn't very happy and since I pretty much have no friends. I've reached out to my fellow upsers

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If you're a good worker with no other issues then all they want to hear from you is that you understand what you did wrong and you won't do it again. Be humble and take your licks and you'll be fine.

Eye To Eye Contact.

I've had write ups. But over all I never complain. And I'll get written up for having missed commercial on a blind route. No scans but I've proven the packages weren't on my truck. And them talking to me about telematics. But. Itching really major I don't believe. The boss has his favorites and since I'm not one to stand and talk :censored2: about people behind their backs. I'm not in his good side for some reason. But people who deisrespect dispatcher or on roads. Are the ones he boss likes. Ive done nothing but be honest to the union when asked questions about magement doin shady stuff you know. And I big one happened recently and I was questioned about it. Not for punishments reasons on my end but to see if what was said about management was true. And I feel like he is trying to get revenge on me for. Quote unquote "throwing him under the bus". I jut fallow orders if I know they dishonest orders. And they like the ones who sheet things up incorrectly to make their numbers not look bad ya know

Brownsfan

If you're a good worker with no other issues then all they want to hear from you is that you understand what you did wrong and you won't do it again. Be humble and take your licks and you'll be fine.
I would say it depends. It depends on if they have been making a big deal out of this issue of rolling pkgs. If they have and you still got caught then you may get your job back but you'll lose some money for sure. You never want to be caught up in the flavor of the month.
What is your defense going to be?

Indecisi0n

Don't bring up other people at the hearing. They don't care about other people, they just care about you. Like said above be honest , agree fault and hope for the best. If it doesn't work out I do need a dog walker....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This won't even make it to a hearing. They will let the OP sit at home for a week or so to not only send him a message but to send the same message to his co-workers.

He will get his job back with the termination reduced to a time served suspension with no back pay.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I recently got discharged. For rolling a package. It was a misload. I was in a rush and made a mistake. I didn't put a scan on it. And put it in the send again car. Did have do it with the intention to be dishonest. I made a mistake yes. Should have sent the misload in when I found it. But I was just in go mode and kept on delivering and set it to the side. Has anyone here been discharged for this and gotten their job back. I'm waiting on the union to tell me when my hearing is. I've been an employee since 2014. A good worker I never complain about a 13 hour day. I go in get my job done and go home. I just made this mistake. I have hid some issues in the past for no scans at a bulk stop or having to many backs and occasionally a record in travel. But nothing really major. I know we have some drivers that have been discharged more than 5 times for rolling or backing into things. For peace of mind. I'm really just asking what are the chances I will win my hearing and get my job back. It's been a week and a half now and hey said my hearing could be anywhere from 2-8 weeks ?? Any respond would be appreciated. Just keep it serious because I'm takin this very serious and I'm trying to get my job back. Thank y'all
You might as well learn that it doesn't matter how good of an employee you are when they catch you with no scans.

trickpony1

I may have missed it but.....
whatever happened to progressive discipline like:

-verbal warning
-warning letter
-suspension
-termination.

Can they prove the OP had intent to be dishonest (and benefit from alleged dishonesty) or did he make a mistake?

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

In our center... Don't scan everything on truck...terminated. Doesn't seem that hard if you pay attention