You missed nothing.

whatever happened to progressive discipline like:

-verbal warning
-warning letter
-suspension
-termination.

Still there, but not in this case.

Can they prove the OP had intent to be dishonest

There doesn't have to be intent to be discharged for a cardinal sin.

and benefit from alleged dishonesty

Whether you benefit from being dishonest or not, it is still a cardinal sin, in most supplements, and still a dischargeable offense.

or did he make a mistake?

He made a mistake, but he made a cardinal sin mistake.

He should be back, with a few days lost pay to make him think about it.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I was in a rush and made a mistake

Mistakes happen, but some of what you did was not a mistake.

I didn't put a scan on it. And put it in the send again car.

This part was not a mistake, this part was deliberate.

Did have do it with the intention to be dishonest.

Do not have to have intention to be discharged.

Should have sent the misload in when I found it.

This was the part that was just a mistake.

But I was just in go mode and kept on delivering and set it to the side.

Again, this was the part that was the mistake. The part where you placed it in the send again car without scanning it was the dishonest part.

I have hid some issues in the past for no scans at a bulk stop or having to many backs and occasionally a record in travel. But nothing really major.

No scans at a bulk stop, nothing major?

I know we have some drivers that have been discharged more than 5 times for rolling or backing into things.

An accident is not in the same league as dishonesty.

I'm really just asking what are the chances I will win my hearing and get my job back.

Pretty good, as long as you don't try and pass the buck at the hearing, or bring up the fact that you did not have the intention of being dishonest.

It's been a week and a half now and hey said my hearing could be anywhere from 2-8 weeks ??

The longer you are off, the better chance that they will put you back with time off time served.

Get out of go mode and into do the job correctly mode.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Management makes them all the time but.......

that's ok.

There has always been, and will always be, two sets of rules. One for us and one for them.

And then they wonder why we have this us against them mentality.

If we all had the same rules....well, that will never happen.

Brownsfan

There has always been, and will always be, two sets of rules. One for us and one for them.

And then they wonder why we have this us against them mentality.

If we all had the same rules....well, that will never happen.
Management makes mistakes all the time but they can always go in there and try to cook the books. Sometimes they get away with it and sometimes they get caught.

Look at how long Wells Fargo got away with padding the books. Stuff always comes to light. I imagine this wasnt the first time you've done this with misloads.

Always remember with management it's gonna be someone's ass who get in trouble of yelled at, and most of the times they're gonna make sure they blame it on an hourly.

You literally got discharged because the company wanted to give you more money, easy money , by having to make service.

Now your killing yourself mentally trying to preserve the very money you rejected when you rolled the pkg. Rolling pks are a huge deal.
All we do is deliver pkgs. that is our only job, our only expectation, and all we have to offer the giant world of commerce

Last edited:

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Sometimes we all can make a mistake. Especially the way they are pounding these younger guys

It was not a mistake...he put it in the send again car - "HE DID".....no mistake made.

Mistake is when you took a left on a street instead of right, went to the wrong house. He purposely hid the package. Is it dishonesty, yup! May not be career ending but it is still dishonesty.

Poster, slow down, pay attention go home at the end of the day with no worries.

bumped

Sheet as missed. You might get yelled at the next day, but you won't get fired. You know how sometimes you get a piece in your car from a different state, whether it was an ARS with an old pal label with your car number. I sheet those as missed also. Sheet every package in your car. Don't hide anything.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
It was not a mistake...he put it in the send again car - "HE DID".....no mistake made.

Mistake is when you took a left on a street instead of right, went to the wrong house. He purposely hid the package. Is it dishonesty, yup! May not be career ending but it is still dishonesty.

Poster, slow down, pay attention go home at the end of the day with no worries.
I would love it if management got disciplined for dishonesty...but then...there would never be a sup who lasted more than two days...so I guess that wouldn't work