Discount footwear?

Indecisi0n

not sure, would have to ask my CPA, which is a write off too

not sure why you would call it being a tight wad. Do you like to give money away?
I'm still young, I'd rather pay 50$ and my feet hurt alittle than 200$ and not hurt so bad, ask me in about 15 years lol

So instead of preventing future injury to your body you would rather wait until you damage yourself then give it attention? This is calling being reactive instead of proactive. Ask management how being reactive works out in the long run.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
So instead of preventing future injury to your body you would rather wait until you damage yourself then give it attention? This is calling being reactive instead of proactive. Ask management how being reactive works out in the long run.
Not that mgmt would admit it.

brown bomber

brown bomber
you can use equipment "essential" to your job as a tax write-off provided you meet the minimum threshhold, items such as union dues, UPS socks, equipment required for the job, etc. These deductions fall under a miscellaneous category. Some years I got the deductions, other years not. By the way writing off part of your cell phone charges as a cost of doing business isn't a deduction according to my CPA.

Future

Victory Ride
images.jpg
Pretty sure you can get these gems on discount!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I had a CPA who used to do my taxes. He was very resourceful. I used to break a lot of shoelaces. lol and since UPS doesn't launder, but requires us to wear uniforms, you can take off the cleaning of them. like soap and cleaners if you have them pressed. They have a grooming standard, and you can take off the cost of haircuts. There is more, but I forgot them. Sorry to see that guy leave us.. He smoked way too many cigarettes.
I can work an hour or 2 of overtime and make up for the aggravation of keeping track of all that crap for a few bucks.

HardknocksUPSer

Welll I mean I have decent boots now, I don't buy crappy stuff but I'm not goina spend a fortune on it, discount catalogs and shoe stores are where I shop..

J

jibbs

Hardknocks, you're inside, right?

If so, allow me to recommend:

http://www.shoesforcrews.com/sfc3/i...=c_store.viewDetailsOfProduct&partnumber=8100

I first got these when I was doing tire rotations full-time for an auto shop. Brought them with me to UPS and they've worked like a charm. Last about a year and a half per pair at UPS too, but then again I don't run the risk of hot ass car fluids being spilled on them here either.

Fair warning, they hurt like a bitch when I got my first pair in like 2010. After I broke them in and my feet got adjusted, though, I've never had aching feet after wearing 'em, even when I get a new pair.

A little pricey if you're looking for discounts, but these muh :censored2:ers are tried and true. I've dropped some heavy :censored2: on my feet at work and haven't had a single (serious) injury. There's been a few bench press plates that've made me thought I broke my foot, but nope! A little limpin' and shufflin' once the numbness wears off and the foot's good as new (or at least not broken, which is good enough when 100lbs lands on your foot).

oldngray

nowhere special
If you are working inside dropping things on your feet is much more likely so you need shoes/boots that provide more protection. For drivers it is more about support and comfort from much more walking and stepping into and out of the truck.

HardknocksUPSer

Hardknocks, you're inside, right?

If so, allow me to recommend:

http://www.shoesforcrews.com/sfc3/i...=c_store.viewDetailsOfProduct&partnumber=8100

I first got these when I was doing tire rotations full-time for an auto shop. Brought them with me to UPS and they've worked like a charm. Last about a year and a half per pair at UPS too, but then again I don't run the risk of hot ass car fluids being spilled on them here either.

Fair warning, they hurt like a bitch when I got my first pair in like 2010. After I broke them in and my feet got adjusted, though, I've never had aching feet after wearing 'em, even when I get a new pair.

A little pricey if you're looking for discounts, but these muh :censored2:ers are tried and true. I've dropped some heavy :censored2: on my feet at work and haven't had a single (serious) injury. There's been a few bench press plates that've made me thought I broke my foot, but nope! A little limpin' and shufflin' once the numbness wears off and the foot's good as new (or at least not broken, which is good enough when 100lbs lands on your foot).
Thanks jibbs you always have good info, that price isn't to bad, that I can handle but not 200$ I looked at the reviews and many people seen to swear by them, I believe that's exactly what I need to get. Do you know if their available in brown? I appreciate all of the info, my feet and ankles kill me from preload and then going to go do driver helper, 12hrs on your feet takes a toll on your legs, I'm deffinately goina give those a try! Appreciate it a lot bud