Dishonest conduct

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Absolutely disagree!
Good for you. I don't steal, nor do I think it's right, but I wouldn't go runnning to management to rat out a coworker if it didn't directly involve me. If I was called into the office, I won't lie for them. But, I believe you give someone enough rope and eventually they'll hang themselves. I mind my own business.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Good for you. I don't steal, nor do I think it's right, but I wouldn't go runnning to management to rat out a coworker if it didn't directly involve me. If I was called into the office, I won't lie for them. But, I believe you give someone enough rope and eventually they'll hang themselves. I mind my own business.

By doing so you are condoning their behavior, which makes you as much of a thief as they are.

Last edited:

Future

Victory Ride
giphy.gif
You hear what?

McGee

It's pretty sad people have no integrity these days.

Which is exactly what will get their butts shown the door! They WILL be caught ( chances are they already know about it and are just giving them enough rope to completely hang themselves) and there's no way they will be an employee ever again ( especially after the book gets thrown at them).

watdaflock?

So, I had a dilemma today that's left a sour taste in my mouth. There is a vet driver that has not been sheeting misloads during peak because he does not want to deliver them. Today he called me and told me he had 1 misload for me that he left at a business. So instead of just delivering it he had me drive over there and when I got there I saw about 6 packages left there in the receiving area plus the 3 he left for me. I checked a few of these packages and some were businesses on his route that it looks like he failed to deliver or just didn't want to go back for. I ended up telling my sup about it when I clocked out. I feel bad I had to snitch but I'm missing around 5 packages everyday off my truck that are never scanned in by anyone. I'm working 12 hours days making sure everything on my truck is scanned and delivered and this guy is trying to hide packages. I help this guy with his NDA's everyday too. I know he was suspended for forging signatures this summer.

Toughen up, butter cup. Stand up to the vet driver.

porkwagon

You don't answer to another driver, you answer to your manager. The driver with the misload should have sent a misload message, not call you. I would not have gone back for any of it unless instructed. By the way, you shouldn't leave packages at businesses without a signature. It's not another business's responsibility to store our packages for us.
'

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You don't answer to another driver, you answer to your manager. The driver with the misload should have sent a misload message, not call you. I would not have gone back for any of it unless instructed. By the way, you shouldn't leave packages at businesses without a signature. It's not another business's responsibility to store our packages for us.
'

If you have a good relationship with that customer it is not too much to ask them if we can leave a few packages there for a supervisor or other driver to pick up.

If the packages are small I will leave them in a drop box to be picked up.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
'
We all have spots where we leave each other's misloads. Customers don't mind.

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
Don't EVER let any other drivers take advantage of you like that. You should have left his businesses at some random stop on your route and then called him to tell him where to go pick them up.

Drivers that hide misloads like that are scumbags and won't hesitate to screw someone over. This thread is proof of that.
The guy that runs the route next to mine,we are loaded next to each other also so we get each others packages frequently,never reports misloads. When I got on my route he called me a few times at first and told me where my packages would be,I got them the first time.Next time I ignored him. He started just bringing them back in the evening without reporting them.This went on for a while until he got caught red-handed.

Overpaid Union Thug

The guy that runs the route next to mine,we are loaded next to each other also so we get each others packages frequently,never reports misloads. When I got on my route he called me a few times at first and told me where my packages would be,I got them the first time.Next time I ignored him. He started just bringing them back in the evening without reporting them.This went on for a while until he got caught red-handed.
It would be so easy for management to catch these guys. They could salt them like they do in the hub. And all they need is a residential ground package and place it in their load somewhere in the beginning of the day where they are sure to find it. If they come back without scanning it then they are busted.

But I doubt we'll see that happen because management is part of the problem too.