Dishonest conduct

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
It would be so easy for management to catch these guys. They could salt them like they do in the hub. And all they need is a residential ground package and place it in their load somewhere in the beginning of the day where they are sure to find it. If they come back without scanning it then they are busted.

But I doubt we'll see that happen because management is part of the problem too.
I'm not sure how they caught him but they did. He got sent home for 3 days without pay.I heard they wanted to fire him but for whatever reason he kept his job.Since then the center manager made it an effort to catch those.He made it clear they would fire people for not sending in misloads.Us drivers know our routes and what misloads we can and cannot run so it I find a misload and I can run it,without going too far off trace,I send it in and answer yes on the diad.

I just be honest with myself and follow the rules,except Orion,and I don't have problems.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It would be so easy for management to catch these guys. They could salt them like they do in the hub. And all they need is a residential ground package and place it in their load somewhere in the beginning of the day where they are sure to find it. If they come back without scanning it then they are busted.

But I doubt we'll see that happen because management is part of the problem too.

Salting loads happens all the time.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Who has time to do off routes during peak? The guy is a maroon and soon to be unemployed, for not scanning stuff.

Re-Raise

Was it out of a package that's in your truck.....hence you could possibly be blamed for it? Otherwise.... NO.....there is a fine line between covering your own ass and tattling on your co-workers to management like a 6 year old. Mind your own business.
I'm no hall monitor or anything, but a line has to be drawn on criminal activity.

I would not turn a blind eye to theft in my work place any more than I would allow a woman to be raped while I walked away.

Mistakes in procedure at UPS are another matter all together. That is between management and the driver and is none of my business.