Dishonesty

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
In the future may I suggest not hitting the "not found" option on the DIAD for any package....ever?

If you don't and the package is found and reported on another route, it will populate off your delivery list.

....also if the package is not found elsewhere you will have a list of unaccounted for packages to cross reference with what's left on your car when you finish.

If you have dynamic Orion and you are missing a package in one part of town, the board will continuously re-scramble your trace trying to take you to deliver the stop that you don’t even have unless you “not found” it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If you have dynamic Orion and you are missing a package in one part of town, the board will continuously re-scramble your trace trying to take you to deliver the stop that you don’t even have unless you “not found” it.
$weet

I haven't driven in a couple of years and have apparently missed some really good money making opportunities?

Last edited:

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
$weet

I haven't driven in a couple of years and have apparently missed some really good money making opportunities?

I mean eventually it gets so ridiculous that it is job abandonment to follow it. How can you follow a trace that is taking you towards a stop that you don’t have?

Luckily they fixed this issue with the new DIAD. It is frozen for most of the day so I just deliver from memory and then sheet it all up when I’m parked in a nice sunny spot.

Jk…kind of.

I mean eventually it gets so ridiculous that it is job abandonment to follow it. How can you follow a trace that is taking you towards a stop that you don’t have?

Luckily they fixed this issue with the new DIAD. It is frozen for most of the day so I just deliver from memory and then sheet it all up when I’m parked in a nice sunny spot.

Jk…kind of.
The new DIAD is decent when it is working. It automatically punched me out the other day, and I had no clue why EDD was not showing up. I finally realized that I had to punch back in after resetting it multiple times.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
My sup said that I was being dishonest because I sheeted a package as not found and on Tuesday I will be disciplined. The package was in my truck and it had 3 different pals on it, I unfortunately did not read the actual label, I was just glancing at the forward pal. I did not see the respective pal number after 3-4 minutes of searching, Earlier there was a hello fresh or something of that nature box that did not have an apartment number on it, so I dealt with that, pushed everything to the front. The box that is in question is not a large box, and I guess I just did not see it and went back to the building.

I dealt with the hello fresh, and put the other box in the truck that they use for send agains on Saturday, I get a message on the diad after I already put everything away saying to make sure if you sheeted a package as not found to deliver it. I know that I should have checked the truck thoroughly, but I can not see what I was being dishonest about. I asked for the time of the diad message, and it was like 10 minutes after I got back the the building. I really hope I do not get fired for something so simple.
HELLO FRESH = DRIVER RELEASE
ANYWHERE , ANYTIME

I would leave it on the sidewalk right by the apartment building , who cares.

you’ll be serving 30 days suspension young man …which is absurd

…but management sees a snowflake in the sky and it’s acceptable to sheet every late air “weather”

or EC AND SHEET STUFFED DAMAGED that couldn’t be delivered to due to being “heavier than expected” 😂

shame on you UPS staffing is tight quit playing games!

@MECH-lift has spoken
✊🧔‍♂️

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
They tried to salt @MECH-lift s load one time. The stop was a sure post that was suppose to go out the following day

I sent it in last minute …

Guess who made service on that package? 😂

2 hours 1 stop , try it again I dare ya 😂😂😂😂😂

@MECH-lift WINS
✊🧔‍♂️

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If everything goes decent, I will make sure that I 100% check my truck from now on. Today was just a :censored2:ty day. Had to swap trucks in the morning with an air driver because the truck I was in did not have the new DIAD cradle. The new DIAD consistently freezes/crashes. Not a fun day.
We don’t need excuses
We need results

ManInBrown

We had a driver at 10am bring back a bricked 6 cube, park inside, walk out to his car and go home. Never said a word to anyone. Was gone for 6 months. Got job back, with no back pay. At UPS every employee is treated differently. Do they like you, or do they want you gone. All that matters. That being said no way you should be permanently gone for that if you’re telling the whole story. They salt cars, they do all types of downright dirty stuff if they don’t like you. Good luck.

walk the jewels

just driving around in circles
I'll 'not found' stops I intend to deliver later just to avoid itinerary updates. Every day.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I'll 'not found' stops I intend to deliver later just to avoid itinerary updates. Every day.
Just reviving this thread real quick to say from what I've seen in a social media post as well as here:

Management appear to be trying to paint drivers as dishonest or sabotaging the operation based on the pattern of when they send in misloads, of when they mark packages not found and then later rescan packages to be built to their manifest.

If you are waiting to scan a misload or to sheet up found packages just for :censored2:s and giggles, you might be on their radar.
Something along the lines of "it is unacceptable to have not known about x misload or y recovery" or "you should have been aware of misload x or recovery y but did not sheet it until later" is coming to a center near you.

So as much as it's crap, it would be prudent to use all three functions as they were intended, as soon as reasonable, without any big batches, until this flavor blows over.

Cowboy Mac

Just reviving this thread real quick to say from what I've seen in a social media post as well as here:

Management appear to be trying to paint drivers as dishonest or sabotaging the operation based on the pattern of when they send in misloads, of when they mark packages not found and then later rescan packages to be built to their manifest.

If you are waiting to scan a misload or to sheet up found packages just for :censored2:s and giggles, you might be on their radar.
Something along the lines of "it is unacceptable to have not known about x misload or y recovery" or "you should have been aware of misload x or recovery y but did not sheet it until later" is coming to a center near you.

So as much as it's crap, it would be prudent to use all three functions as they were intended, as soon as reasonable, without any big batches, until this flavor blows over.
This was our flavor of the week last week. If you find a misload, send it in right away. All misloads sent in by 15:00 so they can tell us to deliver them.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
This was our flavor of the week last week. If you find a misload, send it in right away. All misloads sent in by 15:00 so they can tell us to deliver them.
Between changes in the operation and cover driving with add-cuts it is genuinely difficult to determine whether or not a package belongs to the route or not. In fact the diad 6 will send anything as a misload. Anything as a recovery. I don't doubt you could go crazy and actually fine-sort the truck and compare it against the diad manifest wasting God knows how many hours but it used to be easier with the "package is in manifest" message from the diad 5 and the frequency of bad slaps and duplicate/ poorly written car numbers has skyrocketed.

It is analogous to expecting no misloads ever on the preload. Like we have to be their last line of defense as well as our own with a time crunch.

I found some of my "not found" packages in with the misloads last week. That's never happened before. And all these changes mentioned above point to why.

Last edited:

Cowboy Mac

Between changes in the operation and cover driving with add-cuts it is genuinely difficult to determine whether or not a package belongs to the route or not. In fact the diad 6 will send anything as a misload. Anything as a recovery. I don't doubt you could go crazy and actually fine-sort the truck and compare it against the diad manifest wasting God knows how many hours but it used to be easier with the "package is in manifest" message from the diad 5 and the frequency of bad slaps and duplicate/ poorly written car numbers has skyrocketed.

It is analogous to expecting no misloads ever on the preload. Like we have to be their last line of defense as well as our own with a time crunch.

I found some of my "not found" packages in with the misloads last week. That's never happened before. And all these changes mentioned above point to why.
I hear you. On my old route, they would cut half of a neighborhood 1 or 2 days a week. Preload wouldn’t pull the whole add/cut off the car, and I wouldnt catch those “misloads” until I was almost done because it was normal for me to have that area on my route.

I believe that situations like that and the cover driving aspect are valid excuses not to have sent in a misload by a certain time.

If you are a cover driver doing 5 different routes a week, how are you supposed to know what’s a misload? Know every street on every route? Know every add/cut? A bid driver can just look at the address and if a street name looks unfamiliar, or a different city or zip on a package, that stands out to them.

Iamsomebody

What's a recovery