Disparaging comments.

UPS Lifer

Come on now Tie, don't try to make anyone here believe that you didn't recognize the castration statement as a metaphor. This whole thing between you and lifer vs. Griff is getting just plain silly. It's gotten to the point that none of y'all can type anything with out the others coming back to flame each other. Griff is just as bad as you two. Now stop it...all of ya.

This has nothing to do with winning or losing.... for me it is a study of the human psyche and the illogical/hateful comments that a person makes. Grrrrr came after me personally months ago for no other reason than I was a management person. Therefore his logic was I was a Teamster hater and part of some sort of management conspiracy. Nothing can be further from the truth. I have a lot of respect for the Teamster organization that I know and had dealings with.

If he is not playing a game and using this website as an escape than he is delusional and paranoid. Anyone who disagrees with him, he puts words into the poster's "mouth" and than calls them a name to fulfill those words!

I have always tried to find the good in someone and with Grrrrrr, I have not been able to pierce the armor. This is why I do not believe he is really like this.

Nobody can have this much pent up anger and hatred inside them.
If what he says is true than he needs help.
This is no flame. I really mean that he needs to get help. I don't know where he works but I would be worried that he could explode and go "postal". I care about the other folks he "works" with. For some reason, he thinks he is the "Moses" of the Teamsters and he is going to single handedly bring the promised land to "his people" by bringing plague after plague to the UPS establishment.

Forgive me - I am not trying to be sacrilegious! I saw "Ten Commandments" last night and I couldn't help but make the comparison!!!!

I only wish I could have been his manager before I retired. He either would have a different point of view or he would be posting from the perspective of being an ex-upser.

I ignored his posts for quite awhile but he decided to come after me again! No problem - this thread has been a lot of fun - i did take the first shot this time and I apologized for it earlier.

tieguy

Banned

The ups enviroment encourages unionism, because it is a common practice to walk over you until you stand up for yourself, and until you do you will have your rights violated daily.

If you're trying to wrap Griffs actions in the blanket of unionism then you're not saying much for the concept of unionism. Your concept of unionism as you describe above is defensive in nature and reactive to the actions of management. Griffs actions are vindictively aggressive and plotted regardless of what management does.

Again the question if there are any takers what would possibly cause him to actually think about castrating a management person who has never done anything to him?

No trpnkl I have proven time and again that there is something wrong with how griff thinks. This so called metaphor is just another example.What if I made some metaphor about killing griff or his family? You guys would be up in arms. you need to show some integrity and answer the point honestly instead of trying to protect griff by giving us the BS play nice speech. Answer this:
What kind of sick puppy has thoughts about someone being castrated.
Not that I am answering your "call out", but I will reply to your post. I fail to see where you have proven anything except in your own mind. For that matter I have seen Griff prove a dang thing either. I take that back, both of you have proven (to me anyway) that you are both obsessed with winning an argument.
The remark
UPS Lifer has been castrated and reduced to making things up, who's next?
is without doubt a metaphor, you choose to try to turn it into a wish for reality to prove your point that Griff is sick. I'm not justifying the comment, in fact I thought it quite crude and uncalled for. You asked
What if I made some metaphor about killing griff or his family?
Well, now that you have basically eliminated the use of metaphors it would sound as a threat or an admission of guilt. There is no doubt that Griff is obsessed with UPS and management and the union. Obsession is a psychological disorder ( or a very alluring fragrance), I think maybe he does need professional help. I am not a professional therapist but Tie, neither are you. I don't know what came first, the chicken or the egg (metaphor) but this constant bickering and name calling is way out of hand and prevents the point/counter point discussion of the issues brought up by both sides of these threads.
Now, I can't help but ask you this Tie. Where do YOU get off questioning MY integrity? My posts are upfront, honest and do not have underlying motives. It may seem to you that I am taking Griff's side in this, I assure you I am not. I do believe that many of the points he has made about management and the enforcement of the contract have merit. I also see where you and lifer make very valid points as well. Tie, I have posted comments in support of you in the past, not because of some undying loyalty to you but because I happened to agree with you at that time and I am sure I will in the future also. I can truthfully say the same for Griff.
Tie, you can respond to this if you like, I won't read it. I'm done with this thread, won't even open it again. So you and Griff can go back to you childish name calling all you want.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Triple thank you. I agree with what you said about the name calling and bickering. This has gone above and beyond a simple disargeement between mgt and labor. I would say it's time to close this thread but unfortunately they would just start it up in another one. Can we have some peace for awhile Tie and Griff? :please: