Disparaging comments.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I don't grieve the actions of another teamster. I grieve the actions or lack thereof of management to prevent people from working for free in the morning. I don't come in 4 hours early every day, it's too taxing. I typically show up exactly at my start-time, not one minute earlier. But the point is I have done it and will continue to do it, whenever I feel like it and you cannot stop me. As for the rest of what you said, you're clueless.

Don't worry about whether I have a life or not. Just stick to playing the trumpet in the UPS management marching band on this website little buddy. I have more heart than you and all your friends combined.

I bet you have some serious issues Griff.....not to say anyone's perfect here either...but that attitude blows. :sick:

Griff

I bet you have some serious issues Griff.....not to say anyone's perfect here either...but that attitude blows. :sick:

What I said is fact. This thread and forum in general has only solidified my concerns. I have more heart when it comes to pushing labor issues than most that do this job. Everyone that has responded is in complete disbelief that someone would come in with preload and replace supervisors that are working. I'm willing to do whatever it takes to win this game of tug of war. Most people aren't, they remain willfully ignorant and stand on the sidelines. It's a question of heart and desire, if you aren't willing to do what is necessary then you really don't want change after all.

I don't grieve the actions of another teamster. I grieve the actions or lack thereof of management to prevent people from working for free in the morning. I don't come in 4 hours early every day, it's too taxing. I typically show up exactly at my start-time, not one minute earlier. But the point is I have done it and will continue to do it, whenever I feel like it and you cannot stop me. As for the rest of what you said, you're clueless.

Don't worry about whether I have a life or not. Just stick to playing the trumpet in the UPS management marching band on this website little buddy. I have more heart than you and all your friends combined.

That is why you are starting a war. You don't have any answers, you only complain and expect others to fix your problems. As I said before, you need to work with mgmt. and you ba to be sucessful. I still don't see how you can grieve the lack of management non-actions against another employee. To get drivers to stop working off the clock it will take enforcement by the ba, management, and pt sups. Warning letters and suspensions will have to be issued...And in some cases maybe a termination. I'm sure you woudn't be an advocate of that. That would be too harsh of punishment or harrassment in your mind.

Griff

That is why you are starting a war. You don't have any answers, you only complain and expect others to fix your problems. As I said before, you need to work with mgmt. and you ba to be sucessful. I still don't see how you can grieve the lack of management non-actions against another employee. To get drivers to stop working off the clock it will take enforcement by the ba, management, and pt sups. Warning letters and suspensions will have to be issued...And in some cases maybe a termination. I'm sure you woudn't be an advocate of that. That would be too harsh of punishment or harrassment in your mind.

Go away already, you have no idea what you're talking about. Don't tell me how I think or what I believe is just. If someone wants to lose their job over giving this company free labor everyday, I say good riddance. These people are the problem and have splintered our solidarity in more ways than one. I'm done with working with people, what is going on is illegal (AS IN AGAINST THE LAW, 1989, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT CONCEPT?) and my grievances act as documentation. The issue has been brought to their attention (many times), the unions and management, both have no interest in doing anything about it --- so they will both suffer the consequences. I have two signatures on several grievances, one from the union and one from management, the issue has been brought to the surface and continues to float. Please stop trying to push misinformation about what you can and cannot file over, you can file a grievance over anything you see fit.

UPS Lifer

Grrrrrrrriff,
The scary part about reading your posts is that you are in front of our customers every day. I am sorry, but I can't believe that you can carry all that anger around with you and not have it affect your attitude with our customers.

Have you ever tried to change that negative energy that you carry with you into a more positive energy flow?

I would suggest you imagine yourself sitting on a nice warm beach with a gentle breeze swaying the palm trees and an exotic rum drink in one hand and a fishing pole in the other.

Maybe that will change the polarity of the energy that you exude!!!

I am not getting my hopes up though! I am sure you will find something wrong with the picture I just painted.
:beach:

Griff

Grrrrrrrriff,
The scary part about reading your posts is that you are in front of our customers every day. I am sorry, but I can't believe that you can carry all that anger around with you and not have it affect your attitude with our customers.

Have you ever tried to change that negative energy that you carry with you into a more positive energy flow?

I would suggest you imagine yourself sitting on a nice warm beach with a gentle breeze swaying the palm trees and an exotic rum drink in one hand and a fishing pole in the other.

Maybe that will change the polarity of the energy that you exude!!!

I am not getting my hopes up though! I am sure you will find something wrong with the picture I just painted.
:beach:

I'm professional on area. I can honestly say I've never once bad mouthed UPS to a customer. I realize I'm just a cog in this machine and I know what I get compensated by this company to do. The beefs I have with this company and union are "in house" and will remain there, with the exception of this website obviously. I know what template you have me geared up as in your mind, the guy who throws packages and complains about his job to the customer and you're dead wrong.

That's why you don't get anything done. You need to establish the building blocks so the change can happen. A one man crusade will never work. You will never win, and I doubt you will be around in 15 or 20 years.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Thank you for the neg rep points, Griff....and also derailing the thread to a degree...but I'm the one who doesn't care....look at the damn name. lol

How many of your posts are pathological, obsessive rants involving being upset with management? Find a hobby or something pal.

dillweed

For some reason my union reps don't want to file hourly vs hourly. Guess it's the brotherhood..

Anyway, they go through the typical twists and turns like all beaurocratic machines and come up with management blame. Sometimes it seems right other times not.

Griff

Thank you for the neg rep points, Griff....and also derailing the thread to a degree...but I'm the one who doesn't care....look at the damn name. lol

How many of your posts are pathological, obsessive rants involving being upset with management? Find a hobby or something pal.

Good for you, go around gloating about doing the bare minimum at UPS and life in general. You really stand for something worth while there "pal", you sure have a lot of heart and desire. I have plenty of hobbies, it's funny that everyone is quick to call my personal life into play on this website. Keep your eye on the prize, collecting your paycheck and taking it in the :censored2: at every bus stop along the way. Derailing threads isn't an issue on this website, since people do it on a daily basis with no correction.

UPS Lifer

I guess I had a hand in derailing the thread also and for that I apologize.

When I first looked at the thread I said to myself here is another management bashing thread but I also believe that making a disparaging remark if it is aimed at the character of the employee is wrong and should not be tolerated.

SOOOO, by airing these remarks we can all learn what not to do and become more conscious of the hurtful and careless comments that are out there.

On the other hand, we should be held accountable for our character and someone may need to question it from time to time. This should always be done behind closed doors.

We have a lot of inexperience in management and at times can be very frustrating to the non-management ranks. We all have a responsibility to help train & coach each other. More good will come if we treat each other with respect and compassion than if we choose to bash each other.

Your management team may not be able to fix every thing the way you want it. It may not be in their authority, but they do it in their power, as you do, to treat you with the respect you deserve.

The only thing I miss from work is the ability to influence & coach on a day to day basis those management folks (and non-management folks) who need some additional training in one area or another.

tieguy

Banned
Good for you, go around gloating about doing the bare minimum at UPS and life in general. You really stand for something worth while there "pal", you sure have a lot of heart and desire. I have plenty of hobbies, .

lol ,

Lets see plotting against the company.

plotting against the boss.

harrassing the co-workers that don't want to fight management every day.

spying on the sups and center manager

anything else?

tieguy

Banned
Griff;317762 Take your integrity schtick elsewhere. I could careless what either of you clowns think of me since I hate and don't respect either of you. If my father ever comes to me and questions my integrity and character then I'll start worrying.[/quote said:
Since you bring up dear old dad. Could you get him to join the brown cafe. I want to see if raised you to be so hatefull or whether you developed those traits on your own.:happy-very:

Griff there actually is some sincerity that request. I have never in my life met anyone as hatefull , spitefull and just plain mean spirited as you sound on this board. You talk about management being bad , hell we could be as bad as you describe and still come up second to you in a monsters beauty contest.

Griff

Since you bring up dear old dad. Could you get him to join the brown cafe. I want to see if raised you to be so hatefull or whether you developed those traits on your own.:happy-very:

Griff there actually is some sincerity that request. I have never in my life met anyone as hatefull , spitefull and just plain mean spirited as you sound on this board. You talk about management being bad , hell we could be as bad as you describe and still come up second to you in a monsters beauty contest.

Ya whatever lieguy. Whatever you need to tell yourself so that you can sleep sound at night. You guys play games with people's livelihoods. You threaten, cheat, intimidate and misinform people on a daily basis. There was a point where I thought you and UPS lifer stood against bad management, but it's clear that you are both part of it. Your refusal to accept the fact the company does evil is the ultimate fatal flaw in everything both of you say. I'm willing to admit the fault on both sides and I have done so in many posts, you however are blindly led by the ear around town by your boss and the corporate agenda in general.

Donkeyboy

Question directed towards anyone; replies are greatly appreciated.

What is the acceptable limit for disparaging, insulting comments by a manager or supervisor towards an hourly employee? If one calls UPS on integrity issues, where is the line drawn when someone feels they were unnecessarily insulted by a management employee.

Any links, comments or examples would be helpful. Thank you.
If the comments were truly offensive, such as vulgarity,dispariging to ones religion, race or sexual orientation. Witnesses? I suggest contacting your district employee relations manager. It is his job to investigate these kind of situations.

UPS Lifer

I was trying to imagine what Grrrrrrif was like at work. I personally don't believe a word of what he says. My opinion is he would have been fired by now based on all the trouble he claims to have stirred up. My thought is he uses this as an escape. He just blends in at work. He would never confront his real supervisor or manager with anything.

tieguy

Banned
I was trying to imagine what Grrrrrrif was like at work. I personally don't believe a word of what he says. My opinion is he would have been fired by now based on all the trouble he claims to have stirred up. My thought is he uses this as an escape. He just blends in at work. He would never confront his real supervisor or manager with anything.

so you're suggesting he may be a sniper. Very possible.

tieguy

Banned
.....did you just pull that out of your lower extremities?

I didn't read that into any of griff's posts at all but then I am one of those "union goons".

And I respect the fact you admit to it. Others keep demonstrating the traits while denying they are doing so.

A sniper is one who talks all the pro-union stuff from the back row and does not have the guts to do so face to face with anyone.

Lifer makes the legitimate point that if a certain poster actually did everything he said he does that he would have fired a long time ago. This is a valid point even by your perspective. The evil empire would never let someone ran amok as this certain poster claims without having reigned him in. Therefore the possibility he may be a sniper lobbing grenades from the back row while the poor smucks in the front row die from the shrapnel.

A rarer character trait but not uncommon amongst the hardcore goons. Its kind of like the officers leading the charge from the rear as was common during the years of open field battle tactics.