Dispatch vs center manager!

stink219

This is my understanding of the UPS food chain.
V.P.
District Manager
Labor Manager
Division Manager
Center Manager and Preload Manager
On Car Supervisor and PDS Supervisor
Everyone else

Who's higher up in the food chain? I'll say dispatch.
The dispatcher answers to IT manager more then the center manager. So if its a pissing match the center manager has to go around to the DIV.M. To get results. Same thing with 9-5s. If the center manager has balls he can just kick it to labor. It's a friend* up food chain if you ask me.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
how many vice presidents does ups have...it use to be that companies had one, know it seems that every distinct area or operating unit has a president and multiple vices...

There are levels of VP at UPS.
Executive VP
Senior VP
Assistant VP
Probably a couple more.

When a person is named to a VP level, they have certain legal and fiduciary powers and responsibilities.
UPS has had multiple VPs as long as I can remember.
​District managers are at a VP level.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
There are levels of VP at UPS.
Executive VP
Senior VP
Assistant VP
Probably a couple more.

When a person is named to a VP level, they have certain legal and fiduciary powers and responsibilities.
UPS has had multiple VPs as long as I can remember.
​District managers are at a VP level.

can you go into some more detail the underlined part?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Who's higher up in the food chain? I'll say dispatch.

Both are puppets, so it really doesnt matter whether one of them has longer strings than the other one. I have never understood the logic of paying someone $85K per year and referring to them as a "manager" when they arent allowed to make even the most basic of operational decisions. If you are prohibited from deciding how many routes to dispatch, how many stops to load into those routes, or which shelf to load those stops onto...why are you even being referred to as a "manager" in the first place?