disqualified and hoping to try again

It used to be 1 year after a DQ but got reduced to 6 months with the new contract so you heard correct. As far as advice goes just learn from your mistake, don’t rush, and be aware of your surroundings. I smacked a basketball hoop rim in the PC when I was looking for an address one time but I was going slow enough that it didn’t damage the rim or the PC. It happens.
Did you get disqualified for hitting that hoop

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Did you get disqualified for hitting that hoop
anigif_enhanced-18581-1435252581-2.gif

and change your profile name to be anonymous

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I did the same thing with on road supervisor it was my first day driving
That’s where you screwed up. I was on my own when it happened, reported it but since there was no damage to either the hoop or my PC, it was glossed over. DQ’d myself a few weeks later because the job wasn’t a good fit. Now I’m a feeder driver and my clothes aren’t a good fit.

That’s where you screwed up. I was on my own when it happened, reported it but since there was no damage to either the hoop or my PC, it was glossed over. DQ’d myself a few weeks later because the job wasn’t a good fit. Now I’m a feeder driver and my clothes aren’t a good fit.
So I’m gonna be disqualified for doing it there was no damage to the hoop

11.19igrad

1. UPS driver is 6th most dangerous job in usa.
2. They give you good insurance after 9 months for a reason- you'll need it.
3. Its not just delivering packages, you get hit with on-demand pickups with no navigation and large business pickups by a certain time will take you away from residential stops. So you could have to fit large pickups into a truck still full of delivery stops.
4. you will be a preloader during holiday peak. better get ready.
5. Its either years of brutal work with the constant chance of getting fired for obscure rules they dont train you about for 4 years until you make $33 an hour, or u can get a degree in the 4 years and take that path.
6. yes it can be a 6 figure job but you will spend a lot of money on the road, have little time with family, work your body hard, and deal with lots of hazards. The biggest hazard imo- bathroom time.
7. If you think if it as learning to be a truck driver for $20/hr then its a good opportunity to wait for. But a very long journey ahead. If you may want skills that can lead to more options in life, then its a choice. The rare ones drive and study.
8. With a dq accident on your record already, you better not let anything else happen for years.
9. Id grieve it to see if they did anything wrong putting you in a uhaul and changing your route. A technicality could reinstate you.
10. UPS is a very difficult path that many find rewarding and that many feel is their only option for a decent living and retirement.
11. Its hard to say what 2035 will look like but thats a long time away to bet on a cozy retirement from ups as a driver. Im leaning more towards obsoletion.
12. If you want to stay with it, take the 6 months to learn, write down and study all the rules that can get you fired. Study the bargaining agreement. And really understand the methods and why they are the methods. If you want it as a career you have to slow down and study UPS and how they operate.

some food for thought.