Disqualified during peak

LadyUps43

LadyUps
So I was disqualified today, Friday would have been my 30 days. They also sent me out to drive and told me I will continue to drive through seasonal. That doesn't make any sense to tell me I'm not qualified to drive, but will continue to drive. Is this how it typically works?
I hope they call you back!!! It's a great job, with a lot of bs that come with it!!! Smh

CD0314

This is what the supplement says... the union hall said usually one year is how long your disqualified for, is that how you all would interpret this new supplement? The paragraph before this one states that if you disqualify yourself then you have to wait a year, but I didn’t disqualify myself. I am not sure how this is to be read.

In the event a probationary employee is disqualified by the Employer from a package car driving position before completing the thirty (30) working day probationary period described in Article 1, Section 1, and is subsequently used to deliver a ground package route, those days will count towards the thirty (30) days worked in the ninety (90) consecutive day period commencing with the first day worked in the probationary period. If the employee is the successful bidder on a new opening, said employee will begin a new thirty (30) day probationary period.

CD0314

It may be in your supplement under part time to full time employment. It depends on what region you are in.

I posted another post that says what the supplement says. I’m a little confused on the interpretation of it though. They said most of the time it’s a year, but the supplement says if I DQ myself it’s a year. I guess I just hang in there and find another day job while I wait it out again.

I posted another post that says what the supplement says. I’m a little confused on the interpretation of it though. They said most of the time it’s a year, but the supplement says if I DQ myself it’s a year. I guess I just hang in there and find another day job while I wait it out again.
At my building you would have to wait 6 months before you could try and qualify again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are correct in that if you DQ yourself you have to wait a year.

Would you like some advice? Keep driving through Peak and show them that they made a mistake by not qualifying you. Bust your butt, offer to help out (if needed), show them that you are a team player and let the chips fall where they may.

542thruNthru

You are correct in that if you DQ yourself you have to wait a year.

Would you like some advice? Keep driving through Peak and show them that they made a mistake by not qualifying you. Bust your butt, offer to help out (if needed), show them that you are a team player and let the chips fall where they may.
And let UPS win so they do it to someone's else next year....
giphy-5.gif

542thruNthru

...or he can go back to the preload....I don't really give a :censored2: what he decides to do....I'm just trying to give him some advice...

And other then being paid seasonal driver wage how do you see your advice helping him out?

Will it some how get him qualified or speed up his wait to try and qualify again?

542thruNthru

You mean other than showing his mgt team that he is more than qualified for the job?
Full time... but they said they were dq'ing me for forgetting to clock out for my break yesterday. I started out a little slow during training, they didn't have work for me for about 4 weeks in the middle of training, but made scratch for the 4 days until yesterday and yesterday I went 15 minutes over.
He's already proved he's qualified for the job numb nuts.

He was making scratch and was only over by 15 min the day they DQ him. This during our busiest time of year. Managment used a simple mistake to DQ him because they don't want to keep him around after the season.

Overpaid Union Thug

This is what the supplement says... the union hall said usually one year is how long your disqualified for, is that how you all would interpret this new supplement? The paragraph before this one states that if you disqualify yourself then you have to wait a year, but I didn’t disqualify myself. I am not sure how this is to be read.

In the event a probationary employee is disqualified by the Employer from a package car driving position before completing the thirty (30) working day probationary period described in Article 1, Section 1, and is subsequently used to deliver a ground package route, those days will count towards the thirty (30) days worked in the ninety (90) consecutive day period commencing with the first day worked in the probationary period. If the employee is the successful bidder on a new opening, said employee will begin a new thirty (30) day probationary period.

By reading that language it seems like you will be allowed to retain your time towards qualification if they continue to use you to deliver ground after they've disqualified you.We had a guy here a few years ago that was able to use his peak season days (free period) towards his qualification. I don’t see why you couldn’t do the same. I suggest you continue to drive as needed and then file a grievance to keep your job based on that language.

Don’t give up. Corporate UPS can be quite evil at times but that doesn’t mean you have to take it. To be honest, UPS is a sinking ship. It may not go down completely anytime soon but it’s probably inevitable. But, if you think that you want to try to make a career out of it anyway then by all means don’t give up!

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
We have a guy went through a fence after 5days of driving. They told him he was disqualified for a year but yet he has been driving all peak. Even he doesn’t know how HA

Methods Man

Just sign every bid that goes up and let them figure out how long your DQ’d for. They will tell you anything that benefits them but if you sign every bid every time then it’s not as easy assuming you have a strong union presence in your facility...