Dissolving safety committee's does really work!

Kruldingo

Had a driver in my center yesterday call in at 5pm tellin mngmnt he felt lightheaded with a headache & said the fumes from the truck he wrote up the previous day was bothering him. So mngmnt team sent a "light duty" driver to trade out trucks which in turn made that driver also feel a tad ill bringin haz truck back to bldg. The original driver then shortly after felt nauseous & threw up & called mngmnt team back that was met with no one picking up the call. The driver, by way of diad msg, let the center know of his extended health issue while on road. Still with no response he proceeded to contact his steward for advise. Steward let him know to give them 10 min to respond & if they didn't & he feels safe enough to still drive, that he should let UPS know that he is heading back to the bldg with X amount of stops & pcs left & demands to get med attention. Driver did as instructed & once he got to the bldg he had to proceed to wait for an available mngmnt person to take him to the Dr. Finally after 2 hours of the intitial call in of headache, he was taken to the Dr & diagnosed with Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. The Dr told the UPS sup that UPS is VERY lucky this young man didn't black out at the wheel & KILL somebody!

Indecisi0n

Had a driver in my center yesterday call in at 5pm tellin mngmnt he felt lightheaded with a headache & said the fumes from the truck he wrote up the previous day was bothering him. So mngmnt team sent a "light duty" driver to trade out trucks which in turn made that driver also feel a tad ill bringin haz truck back to bldg. The original driver then shortly after felt nauseous & threw up & called mngmnt team back that was met with no one picking up the call. The driver, by way of diad msg, let the center know of his extended health issue while on road. Still with no response he proceeded to contact his steward for advise. Steward let him know to give them 10 min to respond & if they didn't & he feels safe enough to still drive, that he should let UPS know that he is heading back to the bldg with X amount of stops & pcs left & demands to get med attention. Driver did as instructed & once he got to the bldg he had to proceed to wait for an available mngmnt person to take him to the Dr. Finally after 2 hours of the intitial call in of headache, he was taken to the Dr & diagnosed with Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. The Dr told the UPS sup that UPS is VERY lucky this young man didn't black out at the wheel & KILL somebody!

​I think I had that truck yesterday. It still isn't fixed.

Indecisi0n

Carbon monoxide poisoning is nothing to laugh about. Just sayin'.

296lw86.gif