Do Feeders Not Have Same Rules As Package

root

Calm down, i'll handle it
No but that's when you slow the hell down and ' get the big picture' instead ... and if you want to follow the fog line, go right ahead... I still would trust my eyes.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No but that's when you slow the hell down and ' get the big picture' instead ... and if you want to follow the fog line, go right ahead... I still would trust my eyes.

Its apparently clear that you do not drive tractor trailers. Just reading what you are writing sounds like a typical management poster. AIM HIGH, Leave yourself an out...

In DENSE FOG, or maybe you dont understand what DENSE FOG means?

No matter how SLOW or FAST you are traveling, you cannot see a thing beyond your hood. AIMING high would only jeopardize your life. Why stare into oblivion?

You can slow down all you want, but that wont save you from driving off the road in DENSE fog in KANSAS, or TEXAS, or NEW MEXICO.

"Get the big picture" .. LOL

Here's the picture, you cant see crap and all you have is the 3 feet in front of your tractor, and in snow, you dont even have that as the road is covered in the little white stuff called SNOW. Or even better yet, SNOW covering ICE.

Yeah, get the big picture, on the road "getting the big picture" comes down to "what in the heck am I doing out here".

The "real" big picture would be to get off the road and not drive, but thats not an option in Sleeper. That truck moves no matter what the conditions are, so you better have some tools to help you along the process.

Those seeing eye habits only come into play with a clear vision or field of view, something you dont get in WHITE OUT or DENSE FOG.

Try to understand the difference.

TOS.

bluehdmc

The problem with slowing down while in fog is what causes many accidents .

I'd rather slow down in fog and get rear ended (I believe that would be called "unavoidable") than rear end someone or hit something.
I hit fog I slow way down, I get passed by drivers in other trucks who "know the road like the back of my hand". All you need is one time to have something stopped in the land in front of you. If it's a condition where I am more or less "driving blind" I try to go at a speed where if I hit something I would survive it.
Fog is considered one of the most dangerous conditions to drive in. Mainly because people don't drop their speed.

root

I NEVER said I drive tractors, I said 'IF I ever make it to feeders' but I have driven enough different varieties of vehicles except tractors to know how to drive and do it safely...

EVERYTHING changes when you are driving a school bus full of children... Trust me on this one.

You have to watch inside AND outside.

raceanoncr

Its apparently clear that you do not drive tractor trailers. Just reading what you are writing sounds like a typical management poster. AIM HIGH, Leave yourself an out...

In DENSE FOG, or maybe you dont understand what DENSE FOG means?

No matter how SLOW or FAST you are traveling, you cannot see a thing beyond your hood. AIMING high would only jeopardize your life. Why stare into oblivion?

You can slow down all you want, but that wont save you from driving off the road in DENSE fog in KANSAS, or TEXAS, or NEW MEXICO.

"Get the big picture" .. LOL

Here's the picture, you cant see crap and all you have is the 3 feet in front of your tractor, and in snow, you dont even have that as the road is covered in the little white stuff called SNOW. Or even better yet, SNOW covering ICE.

Yeah, get the big picture, on the road "getting the big picture" comes down to "what in the heck am I doing out here".

The "real" big picture would be to get off the road and not drive, but thats not an option in Sleeper. That truck moves no matter what the conditions are, so you better have some tools to help you along the process.

Those seeing eye habits only come into play with a clear vision or field of view, something you dont get in WHITE OUT or DENSE FOG.

Try to understand the difference.

TOS.
know.jpg

raceanoncr

Also, and I won't quote it here but it came out in post #83, from the "KING OF KNOWLEDGE", contrary to her and other's belief, SLEEPER wheels DO NOT keep turning at all cost.

YOU, as the driver, are the boss at the time. NO ONE, not home domicile, not ICC, not Louky dispatch can tell you what you have to do that you feel is unsafe at the time. If YOU feel it is unsafe to continue, whether it be rain, wind, snow, ice, fog, then YOU make the decision to stop. Oh, wake up the co-driver to take over? You mean, ask/tell HIM to risk his/your life when YOU didn't want to?

Show me, in writing, where sleepers burn rubber at ALL times, no matter the circumstance.

Oh, excuse me...I am retired and have no interest in this conversation. Or EXPERIENCE? 32 yrs safe driving with UPS? 30 years FEEDER safe driving? 15 yrs before that safe driving with other company? 53 years PERSONAL safe driving?
EXCUUUUUUSSSSSEEE MEEEEEE!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I NEVER said I drive tractors, I said 'IF I ever make it to feeders' but I have driven enough different varieties of vehicles except tractors to know how to drive and do it safely...

EVERYTHING changes when you are driving a school bus full of children... Trust me on this one.

You have to watch inside AND outside.

Like I thought. Your posts were useless to this conversation.

TOS.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Also, and I won't quote it here but it came out in post #83, from the "KING OF KNOWLEDGE", contrary to her and other's belief, SLEEPER wheels DO NOT keep turning at all cost.

YOU, as the driver, are the boss at the time. NO ONE, not home domicile, not ICC, not Louky dispatch can tell you what you have to do that you feel is unsafe at the time. If YOU feel it is unsafe to continue, whether it be rain, wind, snow, ice, fog, then YOU make the decision to stop. Oh, wake up the co-driver to take over? You mean, ask/tell HIM to risk his/your life when YOU didn't want to?

Show me, in writing, where sleepers burn rubber at ALL times, no matter the circumstance.

Oh, excuse me...I am retired and have no interest in this conversation. Or EXPERIENCE? 32 yrs safe driving with UPS? 30 years FEEDER safe driving? 15 yrs before that safe driving with other company? 53 years PERSONAL safe driving?
EXCUUUUUUSSSSSEEE MEEEEEE!

But ZERO miles/hours in Sleeper.

Thanks for nothing.

TRY DRIVING IN TODAYS UPS. It may change your mind.

TOS.

root

YEAH, that really works in dense fog thick enough to prevent you from seeing the lanes, the road, the hood, the shoulder, overpasses, offramps... I guess you would aim high in steering into the abyss of grey soup until you hit something.

Many drivers follow the FOG LINE at the right hand side of the road when they cant see through dense fog. Unfortunately, that line breaks to the right when an offramp approaches and drivers transfixed onto the fog line for directional help simply drive right off the road and either crash or end up at a speed too fast for an off ramp.

fog_generic_1012.jpg
dense-fog-on-the-road.jpg

Aiming high in steering wont help you in white out conditions either.

TOS.

So how is it that if those are your pictures, that you could drive AND take pictures ??

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Yeah, if I can only see a few feet in front of my hood, no GPS is gonna make me think I can drive safely. That is a perfect example of pulling off and waiting for the fog to lift.