Do pt package handlers work Black Friday?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's going to be a :censored2: day with tons of :censored2:ing businesses loaded that are closed, even if we put in the board they're going to be closed and half the day is going to be spent fighting the damn load. I expect a 7 hour day as a part timer on twilight/reload.

This is why I take a few minutes of my own time to type up a list of all of the stops that will be closed on my area on a working holiday. Columbus Day I ended up with two packages that I had on the list that somehow ended up on the car----I was able to indirect those.

I am on vacation Thanksgiving week so will not be working Black Friday but I will still take the time to compile a closed list to make it easier for all involved.

MassWineGuy

Thanks, Cosmo. Joe, very good point. It ought to be volunatary to work that day. There would be lots of drivers who wanted the extra cash.

Bleedin', I apologize for wounding you. I realize that you're very, very sensitive. UPstate, words almost (but not quite) fail me. I'm in a different situation than you, I think. For me, part time is a good fit. The money I earn, admitedly much less than UPS people earn, will go a long way toward helping with our household expenses and our son's college tuition. Luckily, my wife makes more than any UPS driver.

wayfair

swollen member
In my supplement, Article 60, section 4

seniority employees required to work on any of the above named holidays(day after Thanksgiving included) shall receive double the regular hourly rate for all hours worked with a guarantee of 8 hours for full time employees, or 10 for employees on a work week of 4 ten hour days.

clean hairy

I imagine there will be at least one dum-dum Supervisor telling their employees "you are getting 3 times your hourly rate, work 3 times faster!"