Do they really want to fire all of us?

Have you been fired?

• Yes

Votes: 20 31.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 68.3%

• Total voters

Bottom rung

I was ready to quit, fed up with the b.s. Just about to hand in a resignation letter and the business manager tried to fire me for some nonsense. I'll be here until they bury that scumbag.

And yes, they want us all gone. Unless you don't have a gag reflex.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Like the Germans would do , just randomly pull some one out of line and shoot them for kicks and show the other prisoners what they can do to keep you in line !!

vvv

If your local isn't as strong as you'd like, get involved and help to make it stronger. :)

We have a very strong local and we're not afraid to show it. We used to have a real :censored2: for a center manager who constantly would mess with the Union. On one occasion our BA was so sick of his nonsense and treatment of our guys that he actually screamed in the center manager's face with every other word being the friend bomb right in front of the whole center 5 minutes before PCM. The center manager tried to tell him to leave the property at which time he told him to friend off and laughed at him. It helped morale and the center manager scaled back his nonsense.

I do the very same on my own and i'm just a driver.....have a solid amount of years in.

Never consume or stand for any bull:censored2: they try with me. Too much self pride I guess.

I was always told "I'm on the radar"....."have a target on me"........all the typical crap.
Ran easily 3-4 hours over on my old route and when then pulled their stupid reports out asking why I was a couple minutes extra here or there I would laugh. Then would tell the sup at the time "I was trying to keep all the restaurants on my route in business and took 3 to 4 extra lunches on top of my regular one and I'm sure in your report you can see all the extra 50 minutes gaps in there." And continued on "therefore I was stealing time and I think you should fire me".
Actually got a 3 day from a Division Manager when back when this took place and he never had anything wrong to say with how I was working.......more so complimented me.

Pretty much the same takes place nowadays.......still run easily 2 over a day and it is not uncommon to go 3 if needed. But it's because I do it all by the book. And when you do the job takes time.
When they ask nowadays what took so long I tell them they are defaming my character as a hard worker with their numbers. And I say it like this........"I started at 8:30am......arrived at route by 9am......I took my fob starter off my belt loop and throw it down and say :censored2: UPS and kicked my feet up on the dash until noon.......and then I started my route......and that explains my 3 hours over.......and I should be fired".

They look at me like I'm nuts.......which isn't very far off......and I'm like "anything else?"

Do your job right.......don't step on your dick......let them do that to themselves (they're good at it)......try your best to shrug off the crap you hear and keep plugging along daily.

vvv

After 28 years, they are trying their best to get rid of me. Not meeting their numbers, missing too many days with doctor's notes. I wonder if it has anything to do with all of the grievances I file?
No biggie brother.....as I always say just do things right.

Keep to the basics......service things on time....enter and exit properly.......work safe......and drive EXTREMELY safe.....even when deciding where to park.
I never double park in the middle of the street......don't park on wrong side of street where it says "no parking"......don't park in front of any fire hydrants or posted handicap areas.....no yellow curbs are covered....don't so much as block any residential driveway by even 1'.....busy streets listed no parking I go around corner or in back and WALK IT OFF!!
I don't care if I only have an envelope to drop off......I am not a nuisance on my route as a driver.
They preach safety......you give them safety!!
I easily have some 200+ step walk offs daily......and laugh to myself while doing so.
People will be driving by with that look like "where the hell is his truck?"........well it's parked SAFELY around the corner of the block. :)

rod

Retired 22 years
I was ready to quit, fed up with the b.s. Just about to hand in a resignation letter and the business manager tried to fire me for some nonsense. I'll be here until they bury that scumbag.

And yes, they want us all gone. Unless you don't have a gag reflex.

One of the best days of my UPS career was the day we got word that a previous center manager of mine who had went into a screaming rage and told me (and everyone else within ear shot) that he was going to "HAVE MY JOB" had been fired. He was a first class P and I would have loved to run into him later on and rubbed it in his face.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I do the very same on my own and i'm just a driver.....have a solid amount of years in.

Never consume or stand for any bull:censored2: they try with me. Too much self pride I guess.

I was always told "I'm on the radar"....."have a target on me"........all the typical crap.
Ran easily 3-4 hours over on my old route and when then pulled their stupid reports out asking why I was a couple minutes extra here or there I would laugh. Then would tell the sup at the time "I was trying to keep all the restaurants on my route in business and took 3 to 4 extra lunches on top of my regular one and I'm sure in your report you can see all the extra 50 minutes gaps in there." And continued on "therefore I was stealing time and I think you should fire me".
Actually got a 3 day from a Division Manager when back when this took place and he never had anything wrong to say with how I was working.......more so complimented me.

Pretty much the same takes place nowadays.......still run easily 2 over a day and it is not uncommon to go 3 if needed. But it's because I do it all by the book. And when you do the job takes time.
When they ask nowadays what took so long I tell them they are defaming my character as a hard worker with their numbers. And I say it like this........"I started at 8:30am......arrived at route by 9am......I took my fob starter off my belt loop and throw it down and say :censored2: UPS and kicked my feet up on the dash until noon.......and then I started my route......and that explains my 3 hours over.......and I should be fired".

They look at me like I'm nuts.......which isn't very far off......and I'm like "anything else?"

Do your job right.......don't step on your dick......let them do that to themselves (they're good at it)......try your best to shrug off the crap you hear and keep plugging along daily.
dont step on your dick...lmao..ok john holmes, you are in the wrong profession..lol

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
No biggie brother.....as I always say just do things right.

Keep to the basics......service things on time....enter and exit properly.......work safe......and drive EXTREMELY safe.....even when deciding where to park.
I never double park in the middle of the street......don't park on wrong side of street where it says "no parking"......don't park in front of any fire hydrants or posted handicap areas.....no yellow curbs are covered....don't so much as block any residential driveway by even 1'.....busy streets listed no parking I go around corner or in back and WALK IT OFF!!
I don't care if I only have an envelope to drop off......I am not a nuisance on my route as a driver.
They preach safety......you give them safety!!
I easily have some 200+ step walk offs daily......and laugh to myself while doing so.
People will be driving by with that look like "where the hell is his truck?"........well it's parked SAFELY around the corner of the block. :)

I agree. I do all of the above and more. I always walk on pathways, never grass. Kill them with their methods.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Your BA acted in a very unprofessional manner when he chose to "chew out" the center manager in front of the members. Our BA would be justifiably banned from our building if he chose to do this.
Nah, it was warranted in the situation. Also, Union representatives have the legal right to swear and get passionate when representing members.

vvv

I agree. I do all of the above and more. I always walk on pathways, never grass. Kill them with their methods.
Brother......as well my feet don't touch the grass and I can even wear my summer shoes in winter as I don't walk thru snow. My motto has always been "NO SHOVEL.....NO DELIVERY!!".
I am not a gosh damn penguin therefore I don't walk like one as they say to. Furthermore i can't see if these lazy people left something on their walkway thats under the snow that I can step on and turn an ankle. Or maybe they have cracked uneven pavement. ;)