Do UPS Package driver jobs !

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Take the $5/hr pay cut and get yourself one of those 22.3 jobs.
Many more older drivers have in this last bid, it's one way to save what's left of your body until retirement.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Take the $5/hr pay cut and get yourself one of those 22.3 jobs.
Many more older drivers have in this last bid, it's one way to save what's left of your body until retirement.

Not an option here.

My body is just fine and I have no problem working 42 hours a week.

I would have a problem working 55 hours.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
In my hub, 42 hour weeks are NOT an option. 50-55 for prettymuch every driver every week

You should get on the 'nine five list', then file every week you are forced to work excessive overtime. I got on the list the second week of January and after filing three times over excessive overtime and getting PAID , I NEVER work more than 45 hours a week.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I gotta get in this biz. Do 1st year route drivers get 40hrs a week or are they rarly working?

To answer your question.....NO! And even if they did, 1st year drivers don't make $70k+/year. You would start at a lower rate and make a progressionary rate for 3 years until you make the same hourly rate as everyone else.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Last year, in my 2nd year of full time driving, I didn't even make $60k, however this year now that I'm at top pay, I am on pace to make $85k give or take

chevyman05

We earn every penny we make. Was going to take my break at a pickup and lady said what do you need a break for you just drive around all day.

Last edited:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
With the amount of money I make, I am blessed to be able to put 5% of it in my 401k every week and not even notice it.

I hope every driver does this eventually knowing that our future pension amount is not set in stone !!

jaker

trolling
I made 80 and I am one of the lowest amount , but I don't work for crap a long week to me is 40 hrs I usually get around 36 hrs a week but that is my choice because I rather be home then be at work , I did the math with a few drivers I am missing around 9000 a year because of my hours but I have more time with my family

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
With the amount of money I make, I am blessed to be able to put 5% of it in my 401k every week and not even notice it.

I hope every driver does this eventually knowing that our future pension amount is not set in stone !!
Is that all? I pump 20% into the 401k. And I don't miss it....... Plus buying discounted stock......

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yeah I thought 5 was pretty low too. I do I think 10 but every raise I get goes straight to 401k so it's building quickly and I'm under 30 time is on my side

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
22.3 workers inside the warehouse make about 1000$ a week with easy work nonetheless. Plus, they get stright 8 hours, no questions. A minute over 8 hours and people get angry over it. Working 22.3 means working threw midnight and twilight, best paying obtion. Dont ever become a porter, unless you like cleaning bathrooms, sweeping up every where and / or other request they will put you threw. Stay with the package system, it will pay out eventually.

Like now, im on my first vacation, and man is it good. In two months ill be on my next one. And in another two months another. After you get three weeks the job starts to be more pleasurable. Not to mention, four of us key players ( preloaders ) are out on VAC this week. I'm still chuckling about it now.

Life is good...