Do UPS Package driver jobs !

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I made 80 and I am one of the lowest amount , but I don't work for crap a long week to me is 40 hrs I usually get around 36 hrs a week but that is my choice because I rather be home then be at work , I did the math with a few drivers I am missing around 9000 a year because of my hours but I have more time with my family

36 hours a week and you are grossing $80K?! Sorry, I call BS on this. Last year I worked 2238.55 hours and grossed $67,764.95.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Brownslave688:952998 said:
Yeah I thought 5 was pretty low too. I do I think 10 but every raise I get goes straight to 401k so it's building quickly and I'm under 30 time is on my side

Yes, 5% is low but that is more than what most drivers do ( 0% )

Everyone's life is different and unfortunately I was left to pay my mortgage alone when God took my wife.

Every 6 months , I go up another 1% so I will be set when I retire .

The only reason I posted , was that if I can survive with 5% going to it , then any driver could.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Yes, 5% is low but that is more than what most drivers do ( 0% )

Everyone's life is different and unfortunately I was left to pay my mortgage alone when God took my wife.

Every 6 months , I go up another 1% so I will be set when I retire .

The only reason I posted , was that if I can survive with 5% going to it , then any driver could.

ouch..........................chin up sailor,, your a strong man

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
36 hours a week and you are grossing $80K?! Sorry, I call BS on this. Last year I worked 2238.55 hours and grossed $67,764.95.
Not so fast calling BS! Very possible in a bonus center. There are several drivers in my center who make between 12 and 15 hours a week in production bonus. At $47.31 an hour, they are making around $700 a week just in bonus. Multiply that by 45 weeks and they are making an extra 31,000 plus!

satellitedriver

Not so fast calling BS! Very possible in a bonus center. There are several drivers in my center who make between 12 and 15 hours a week in production bonus. At $47.31 an hour, they are making around $700 a week just in bonus. Multiply that by 45 weeks and they are making an extra 31,000 plus!
Bonus pay is straight hourly rate, not the overtime rate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Percentage/catch-up, aside,
$21,500.00 a year-(pre-tax)- is the Max the Federal Government allows contributed into a 401k.

The limits in 2012 are $17,000 and an additional $5,000 for those 50 and older. I set the percentages as I did knowing that I will meet the limits in early December and will have extra money for Christmas.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In our local, production bonus is paid out at time and one-half the hourly rate.

Same here in 710.

WOW!!
That is a first for me.
Even back when I worked production bonus for the steel workers, it was based on hourly rate.

I am not that familiar with production bonus, hence my BS post. How does this work---are you paid straight time if you work less than 8 hours until hours worked and bonus equal 8 and then time and a half for any bonus beyond that?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
If you work under 8 hours per day you are paid your guarantee up to 8 at straight time. Anything over 8 is paid out at time and one-half, whether it be overtime or production bonus.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I am not that familiar with production bonus, hence my BS post. How does this work---are you paid straight time if you work less than 8 hours until hours worked and bonus equal 8 and then time and a half for any bonus beyond that?

You get paid the planned day as if you worked it. We had a guy last week take out a 9.8 dispatch and work 6.5 hours. Got paid as if he worked 9.8. And yes, bonus is time and a half after 8.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
If your in a bonus center who does all the late pick ups . I have a 1800 pickup even if i was done early i would half to wait to do the pickup. So it wouldnt pay to be a driver with a late pickup in a bonus center.