Do you donate to drive?

"Forced"....how?
Back in the day they kind of muscled you into it.
Then they also lied to you saying if you got into the drive you can get some political favors in case you got pulled over by a police officer and whatnot
All that money is is for Union officers to have a little bit of clout that does absolutely nothing for the members.

That's why we all dropped out of it here
And let me tell you it's a real pain in the ass to get out of it

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Back in the day they kind of muscled you into it.
Then they also lied to you saying if you got into the drive you can get some political favors in case you got pulled over by a police officer and whatnot
All that money is is for Union officers to have a little bit of clout that does absolutely nothing for the members.

That's why we all dropped out of it here
And let me tell you it's a real pain in the ass to get out of it
1655943565155.png

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
False

Democrat only

What's the last Republican candidate that your local endorsed?

Please enlighten me I have all night to wait for your answer
First of all the vast majority of the money goes to the national fund (which is a lobby to counteract corporate lobbies like UPS', the largest on Capital Hill) and many smaller locals don't get any of the money to distribute locally.

Some Locals that do maintain a small PAC fund only retain a small portion of the money and can only contribute to state and local level politicians who support labor issues like RTW, prevailing wage and pension reform to name a few, but all locals can also petition the national fund to support the campaigns of federal House and Senate candidates.

While the ebbs and flows of this dynamic drift back and forth across party lines, the money gets distributed accordingly and is historically fairly even to both parties in recent years.

I attended a fund raiser just last week for a Republican State Supreme Court Justice up for election in November who supports and is endorsed by several state level building trades unions.

In my local it is about labor issues, not partisan politics....and they all call and have their hands out.

What do you think would happen if they only had the UPS trough to feed from?

First of all the vast majority of the money goes to the national fund (which is a lobby to counteract corporate lobbies like UPS', the largest on Capital Hill) and many smaller locals don't get any of the money to distribute locally.

Some Locals that do maintain a small PAC fund only retain a small portion of the money and can only contribute to state and local level politicians who support labor issues like RTW, prevailing wage and pension reform to name a few, but all locals can also petition the national fund to support the campaigns of federal House and Senate candidates.

While the ebbs and flows of this dynamic drift back and forth across party lines, the money gets distributed accordingly and is historically fairly even to both parties in recent years.

I attended a fund raiser just last week for a Republican State Supreme Court Justice up for election in November who supports and is endorsed by several state level building trades unions.

In my local it is about labor issues, not partisan politics....and they all call and have their hands out.

Seriously that's a politician answer and you don't get it

I know you're a really good dude and you work hard but sometimes you need to listen to the rank and file.

Thebrownblob

My local has a Pac fund and I am on the board. We endorse labor friendly candidates including Republicans. We had one Republican who was very helpful to our membership. we wholeheartedly supported him.