Do You feel Hoffa will win?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Our center has less than 10% of the part timers paying union dues. Our local has not attempted to intimidate them to join, but some union muscle did show up and they did use tactics that were frowned upon. They at most got only 3-4 to sign up

So yes, why vote on union matters when you really dont have a voice? And for sure, they dont have someone at the bargaining table looking out for their interests, do they?

d

steward71

At our local, we had a BA that was at best lazy and very slovenly when it came to doing his job. At worst, he was a thief, liar, two faced, dishonest in his dealings with the people in his local. All except a close knit group of feeder drivers. They supported him, and were on the board.

We had a part time car washer that had the burning desire to change things. While he did not know exactly how everything was done, he was honest, willing to learn, and willing to listen and study what he was taught for himself.

While the election was close, he won. The next election was a run away, because of the positive impact he had on our local, not only because of the finances of the local, but the moral. No, everything is not perfect. But there have been a ton of positive moves.

As far as Mr Hall is concerned, in every dealing I have had with him in person, if his lips are moving, he is lying. With the exception of one grievance which he declined to present at arbitration because of an "agreement" with UPS on another case. Basically, he traded my grievance, which I would have won, for someone else to get their job back.

While I am very glad the employee got their job back, I believe each case should be heard on its own merit, without back room deals being made.

d
Thank you that is food for an idea.

FAVREFAN

I think hoffa has been a complete failure the last 5 years or so. I will be voting for his opposition. Most likely it will be Sandy Pope.