Do you guys think I’ll get fired?

FeederTheD

Dispatch did not send you a message. Shift Comm is handled by yard control, not dispatch. Yard control said they were done with you shifting.

Yard control told you that you were done shifting, but you decided not to finish your day and run the leg? Because you were tired?

Probably.

You've been wanting in for years, don't know if you're in the Union yet and decide on your own to not run a leg that is in your board? And then get snotty with dispatch because they tell you there is still a leg in your board?

Before you go doing this, make sure you are in the Union first.

You have to suck it up, until you are in the Union. Then you can take that attitude.

Wait and see. They need drivers badly now. Even if they wanted to make an example out of you, they won't this time of year. You may get bitched at, but smile and take it, if you're not in the Union yet. If you are in the Union, just smile and take it.

This is something you need to find out first before you start backtalking dispatch.
You sound like you used to work for dispatch 🤣🤣🤣 I’m still here. Smile and take it 😂 I don’t take * from nobody.

Last edited by a moderator:

FeederTheD

Yard control and dispatch are the same people in a ton of places. So this is according to where u are. Dispatch sups aren’t feeder bosses. There are occasions when they say dumb things to which you should reply I will ask my boss if he would like me to do that.
Yeah the shiftcomm on the ivis didn’t show the person’s name. I’ve been driving long enough to know I can just tell them I’m fatigued and they can’t do nothing about it lol I was clearly in the right since they said nothing to me about it the next day. Thanks for your response.

FeederTheD

The easiest way to handle this would have been to ask "would you like me to punch back in"? They would've said no and then you would be free to go. Also keep the message that said call it a night for evidence. These new dispatch sups are all trying to make a name for themselves. You have to be smart, they will tell things like, go ahead and hit leave to make your gate time then the manager asks why your dive time is too much. Follow proper procedure, they are not your friends!!!
Well I already knew you couldn’t do a double punch so I didn’t even think to ask that lol

FeederTheD

FeederTheD

>>>>>some snipits from his long post:

"I’m a new driver, about 30 days in now."

"I’ve been wanting to get into UPS for years and now that I’m finally in,"

"I don’t even know if I’m protected by the union all the way yet."

"I’m permanent full time, if that means anything."

WOW were to begin!
They literally didn’t tell us * 🤣🤣

Last edited by a moderator:

FeederTheD

When I first started I played dumb a lot and that worked out for me for a while.

In the future make sure you always cover your ass and stop driving if you don’t feel safe to do so. Call a sup and tell them what’s up and get confirmation.
I definitely played dumb lol This was me testing to see what I could get away with. When the guy (head of dispatch) asked me for my name, he made me kind of nervous. Not gunna lie 😂 I’m still at UPS and my gut told me I wasn’t in the wrong. So there’s that lol

Trucker Clock

Yup I been driving for 7 years. I know I can always pull the fatigue card.

You didn't pull the fatigue card though. you pulled the :censored2: card.

Came to work the next day like nothing happened lol still here boss

Because dispatch covered your last leg, you know, the one you played dumb about.

I’ve been driving long enough to know I can just tell them I’m fatigued and they can’t do nothing about it

Maybe. But you didn't pull the fatigue card. You pulled the :censored2: card.

lol I was clearly in the right since they said nothing to me about it the next day.

Nope. You were clearly in the wrong. They said nothing to you the next day because dispatch covered your last leg. You know, the one you didn't want to run. The one you played dumb about.

Well I already knew you couldn’t do a double punch so I didn’t even think to ask that lol

Apparently, you don't know a whole lot, do you?

I definitely played dumb lol

Comes pretty naturally to you, doesn't it?

This was me testing to see what I could get away with.

Playing with a $200K job. I guess you are pretty dumb after all.

I’m still at UPS and my gut told me I wasn’t in the wrong.

Your gut was wrong. You were in the wrong. You decided not to run your last leg, because you didn't feel like it.

FeederTheD

You didn't pull the fatigue card though. you pulled the :censored2: card.

Because dispatch covered your last leg, you know, the one you played dumb about.

Maybe. But you didn't pull the fatigue card. You pulled the :censored2: card.

Nope. You were clearly in the wrong. They said nothing to you the next day because dispatch covered your last leg. You know, the one you didn't want to run. The one you played dumb about.

Apparently, you don't know a whole lot, do you?

Comes pretty naturally to you, doesn't it?

Playing with a $200K job. I guess you are pretty dumb after all.

Your gut was wrong. You were in the wrong. You decided not to run your last leg, because you didn't feel like it.

FeederTheD

Nah I didn’t run it because I was tired and they told me to “call it a night”. They should’ve been more specific. Their fault, not mine. A sup also told me I wasn’t in the wrong. Sorry to break it to you mr dispatch man.

Trucker Clock

Nah I didn’t run it because I was tired and they told me to “call it a night”. They should’ve been more specific. Their fault, not mine. A sup also told me I wasn’t in the wrong. Sorry to break it to you mr dispatch man.

You could have just told dispatch that you were too tired to run your last leg. But you didn't. You just wanted to play games with a $200K job, a job that you always wanted.

Here, let me help you out.

I’ve been wanting to get into UPS for years and now

I continued to tell them it’s not my fault

I just kept on telling them it wasn’t my fault.

FeederTheD

You could have just told dispatch that you were too tired to run your last leg. But you didn't. You just wanted to play games with a $200K job, a job that you always wanted.

Here, let me help you out.
If I would’ve told them I was too tired, they would’ve still tried to get me to run it. I’ve been driving for 7 years. I know how dispatch is. Punching out after they told me to “call it a night” was the right call. I don’t care how you look at it.