Do you guys think I’ll get fired?

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Eh I’ve left numerous loads in my IVIS after being asked if I wanted to leave. Never heard a word.
There’s a difference between having a ghost leg left in your board and clocking out with an actual trailer on that leg in your board. As far as OP goes, I don’t think you can see schedule updates when you’re on shiftcom so if he had that leg for literal hours and dispatch saw that he never left property with it, a competent dispatcher would have called him to find out why. He’s new, he can claim ignorance this time but that’s only going to work so many times.

OP, before you clock out:
Schedule edit -> edit leg and load -> see if you have a load in your board. You should be checking with dispatch before you leave everyday as well. I hate to be that guy, but that would have eliminated this little misunderstanding.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Yup I been driving for 7 years. I know I can always pull the fatigue card. They didn’t say anything to me though. Came in to work the next day like nothing happened.
as long as you don't pull it too much.

in 22 .5 years I think i used it only once or twice and both times they knew i meant it.

Cowboy Mac

There’s a difference between having a ghost leg left in your board and clocking out with an actual trailer on that leg in your board. As far as OP goes, I don’t think you can see schedule updates when you’re on shiftcom so if he had that leg for literal hours and dispatch saw that he never left property with it, a competent dispatcher would have called him to find out why. He’s new, he can claim ignorance this time but that’s only going to work so many times.

Schedule edit -> edit leg and load -> see if you have a load in your board. You should be checking with dispatch before you leave everyday as well. I hate to be that guy, but that would have eliminated this little misunderstanding.
I personally see schedule updates on the board when I’m on shiftcom. But maybe it’s different in other places. I always go by the big button near the bottom of the screen that says”outbound load or Leave”. Whenever you finish all your legs it will say “Punch Out”.

Always over communicate. This is a rule of thumb in all departments of UPS.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I personally see schedule updates on the board when I’m on shiftcom. But maybe it’s different in other places. I always go by the big button near the bottom of the screen that says”outbound load or Leave”. Whenever you finish all your legs it will say “Punch Out”.

Always over communicate. This is a rule of thumb in all departments of UPS.
I’ve never personally seen schedule updates while on shiftcom but that might be because I was explicitly told by dispatch to help out the yard so they left me alone.

Being a primarily local driver, I clock in with at least 10 “fake” legs that they will change throughout the day. I call those ghost legs. They are placeholders, nothing more. If that leg has a load in it, trailer number and all, then that is a direct order. I have clocked out, by direction, with some of those ghost legs still in my board. I delete them and clock out.

This guy, being so new, should be double checking before he leaves. I’ve had this exact run going on 5 years. I know how to run this run, dispatch knows I know how to run this run. He doesn’t have that luxury.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
Hey! You shut the hell up when you’re talking to me! This forum is 95% package mumbo jumbo, don’t take this away from us!
Why because we make the same money but have day shifts all the time and way less stress and responsibilities?

Trucker Clock

I stood up for myself telling them it’s not my fault 😂 get a life dude

It was your fault. They told you they were done with you shifting. You had a leg in the board that you were supposed to run. You never told dispatch that you were too tired to run the leg. You told dispatch that it wasn't your fault because yard control told you that you were done.

I have a life. I'm not the one that decided not to run a leg because of a mix up. That was you. You need some responsibility and a life.

Trucker Clock

so if he had that leg for literal hours and dispatch saw that he never left property with it, a competent dispatcher would have called him to find out why.

It was a leg he was supposed to run at the end of him shifting. He stated that he knew he had to run this leg before he even started shifting. Dispatch told him he still had a leg to run when he came in to clock out but he told dispatch that it is their problem, not his, because yard control told him that he was done shifting. So he took that as he was done for the day and didn't have to run the leg he knew he was supposed to run when he was done shifting.

Yep. He's been with UPS for a whole 30 days and he is already telling dispatch that it is going to be his way or the highway.

trickpony1

WOW.
The OP has a long, rocky road ahead.
Dispatchers and ORS's tend to have very long memories.

The OP may need to negotiate his ego if he intends to keep a job that some day will pay 100K.

Good luck.

EDIT: we never heard where the last leg went to?.....some podunk extended center 1-1.5 hours away or a hub/meet 4 hours away?

Cowboy Mac

It was a leg he was supposed to run at the end of him shifting. He stated that he knew he had to run this leg before he even started shifting. Dispatch told him he still had a leg to run when he came in to clock out but he told dispatch that it is their problem, not his, because yard control told him that he was done shifting. So he took that as he was done for the day and didn't have to run the leg he knew he was supposed to run when he was done shifting.

Yep. He's been with UPS for a whole 30 days and he is already telling dispatch that it is going to be his way or the highway.
I look at it like he had one main job to do which was the legs in his board. Shifting is something to do to kill time in the middle of big time gaps or at the end of the day if you’re trying to get more money. They don’t NEED you to shift but they damn sure can’t tell a shifter to go run that leg for you. So he pretty much failed at his one job.

Johney

I look at it like he had one main job to do which was the legs in his board. Shifting is something to do to kill time in the middle of big time gaps or at the end of the day if you’re trying to get more money. They don’t NEED you to shift but they damn sure can’t tell a shifter to go run that leg for you. So he pretty much failed at his one job.
Well he did do shifting for 9 hours now assumming he took lunch that's 10 hours. I also have been asked to shift between legs in feeders, but it dam sure wasn't for 9 hours.

PreTrippin’

THE SAME MONEY HOW? We make money by hour or by the mile in feeders. When you guys cry about 9.5 we are out there racking up the $$. Com'on man!!
Haha I know I was being sarcastic and just yapping my jaw. I like to do that here sometimes.

Especially when it’s about a bunch of feeder nonsense. 😁

PreTrippin’

Since I have yet to give a reply that’s on topic here we go: I think dispatch/sups/yard control/whoever is completely at fault. But they always are and are good at shoving the blame onto you. I think the best thing to do like someone said is take a picture of messages like that and then bounce your happy ass on out of there.