Do you have enough saved?

Do you have liquid savings that is easily accessible?

• No

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • 1 week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 week2

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 3 weeks

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 4 weeks

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Do to other income I could go as long as it takes

Votes: 42 64.6%

• Total voters

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
If we go on strike it won't be how much money you have, but how many applications have you filled out. The fact is we would lose business. We lose business we lose jobs. If we lose jobs we lose employees. UPS can still make the same profit percentage wise, and at the end of the day that's all they want.
So instead of talking about striking we should be talking about getting this contract settled. We talk about how we care about part timers and employees to come, understand this no business means no opportunity for either. Drivers under ten years seniority would be worried about layoff and maybe worse.

InsideUPS

iruhnman630

I'm good for a while, but it will put a crimp in my investment plans over the next six months. Money will be going into low-earning liquid investments instead of good solid long-term investments, so until it is settled the probable strike has already cost me money.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The fact of the matter remains, we NEED to show the company that we can afford to sit for three weeks unharmed, and in turn, will the company be able to survive a strike lasting three weeks.

The end game will end up costing UPS management their jobs, as the company attempts to recoup its losses from those three weeks on the backs of their non union workers.

I am totally cool with that. Fire them all, if you ask me.

UPS cant afford to last longer than 3 weeks, even if operating at 10% of its capacity. When you factor in missed pickups, mis deliveries, service failures, injuries and accidents, the three weeks will cost the company a fortune.

The temporary loss of volume due to diversion will hurt in the begining, but our competition is totally unprepared to handle the volume so it will come back.

A strike for UPS is silly, but those in charge are determined to test its "investment" in technology. The IE department has surely given the thumbs up to its retarded programs as if they work without a hitch. Too bad, they havent the first clue on implementation or functionality.

Without "US" making or taking the corrective actions to make "their" programs work, the system will crash.

Just look at our loads when our preloader calls in sick or a load wall when a loader misses a shift. Its a disaster, and thats with trained supervisors and workers on the job. Just imagine what that will look like with off the street scabs being yelled at to load quickly...

Its a joke, and that joke is on UPS.

If they want a strike, lets give em one. Prepare, prepare prepare.

They play their games, and we will play ours.

Be safe brothers and sisters, plan and expect the unexpected. See if the company can do the same.

Peace

TOS

Dan Walsh

Diesel Dan
Easy kids. Let's not be so quick to pull the pin. Everyone loses in a strike. The company, the union and more importantly, the customer! If we can secure our pension, health and welfare and still negotiate a nominal raise, I say, "where do we sign!"
It is a contract year so don't make any major purchases but let's not throw that strike word around unless we absolutely have to.

Buck Fifty

Easy kids. Let's not be so quick to pull the pin. Everyone loses in a strike. The company, the union and more importantly, the customer! If we can secure our pension, health and welfare and still negotiate a nominal raise, I say, "where do we sign!"
It is a contract year so don't make any major purchases but let's not throw that strike word around unless we absolutely have to.

If ​you want everything you mention here,than start throwing that strike word around.

QKRSTKR

I think anybody that wants to go on strike is out of their freaking minds. We will loose so much freakin volume, it would cost us a crap ton of jobs. You can says the competition can't handle it. What choice will people have. FedEx ground built a huge hub pretty close to where I live. Trust me, it may not be pretty, but they will eventually get stuff out. It's only February, and you guys act like where in the last hours or something. Every other thread, strike, brownout, slowdown. Wtf.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
While I would love nothing more than to bring UPS down to its knees with a nationwide strike, it should only be utilized as an absolute last resort. If they back off on health care and we can negotiate a good deal without concessions, then the IBT has done its job. If we strike, volume will definitely be lost and people will be hurting - I know I will. But I've also dumped my last fat tax refund (thank you, American Hope education tax credit) directly into savings, will be paying off my credit card in full, getting a few months ahead of my car payments, and have a vacation scheduled for the third week (second full week) of August. I'm going to shuffle as much cash as I can into savings and be as ready as I can be over the next few months.

I'd rather sleep in a gutter than cross a picket line, but I also don't have a wife and kids.

UnloadDrone

Disgruntled...
Are our current health benefits taken away/refused if a strike happens? Like, will I still be able to get family meds in august if we strike? Our do they run till the end of 2013?

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Are our current health benefits taken away/refused if a strike happens? Like, will I still be able to get family meds in august if we strike? Our do they run till the end of 2013?

I'm assuming our benefits would be paid up through the end of August. If a (theoretical) strike happened, we would keep those benefits until September 1st, when we would be put on COBRA. I might be wrong, though.