Do you have enough saved?

Do you have liquid savings that is easily accessible?

• No

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • 1 week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 week2

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • 3 weeks

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • 4 weeks

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • Do to other income I could go as long as it takes

Votes: 42 64.6%

• Total voters

brown_trousers

I think anybody that wants to go on strike is out of their freaking minds. We will loose so much freakin volume, it would cost us a crap ton of jobs. You can says the competition can't handle it. What choice will people have. FedEx ground built a huge hub pretty close to where I live. Trust me, it may not be pretty, but they will eventually get stuff out. It's only February, and you guys act like where in the last hours or something. Every other thread, strike, brownout, slowdown. Wtf.

Thats exactly what UPS wants to hear. If we actually did have a union that shared your opinion, UPS would instantly cut our pay and take away all benefits. Because without the threat of a strike, we have NO bargaining power!

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
This is especially true if you are a lower seniority driver. The cold hard fact is: that we will lose business to a strike, and when we come back to work it will be the lower seniority drivers that dont have a route to come back to.

and.... Most of those low seniority guys are the ones burning up the routes anyway. Might be a great lesson for them. Little split shifting would hurt them either. Don't wish it to happen,but if it does, I guarantee that the higher seniority brothers will do all they can to get them back into the truck, even with all their bad behavior.

yeah right. Just like hiw all those seniority guys let them have all those vacation weeks in august ;)

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
No. My wife had a spell of retail therapy I wasn't aware of until it was too late. $20k pissed away in kids clothes, purses, craft supplies, gifts, etc. :sad-very::angry:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
If one recalls the last strike , 1997.
There was so much media hype that no one could ship anything.
Not to worry with the MSM this time around , because they will not even be mentioning it, To them it will be a non-story , like so many other events that they refuse to cover.
The golf score of bhos is more important than raising gas prices .

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
Were not going on strike anyone that thinks that is a possibility needs a reality check.
I concur

The Fedex guy on my route(he owns several route) gave me his number and said If you go on strike I will make room for you.He said you wont make nowhere near what you are now! But the offer is on the table.Hope purple doesnt make me look fat!(or is it my beer belly that makes me look fat?)lol
The fact that you would even consider doing this makes me slightly nauseous.
This is the competition that would rather have that package for themselves, without any regard for you.
You'd probably do better just crossing your own picket line, since that's the harm you wish you inflict upon your co-workers.
Of crossing or working for scabX, I'm not sure which would be more shameful.

AZBrown

Teamster by choice
And whether you can or not, everybody should be selecting the last choice; it sends a message to the intended recipient

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
That's what happens when you work at night and you trust your wife with the money matters. I DID shred more than a few. That was a year and a half ago and I'm still not quite over it.

My wife handles the money and does a great job. Sometimes she drops 50 bucks at the dollar store but who am I to complain.

ups391

I can last for awhile and will last for however long it takes. UPS will most def. backdown before a strike-but we must all stand together and show that we will not fold. In Solidarity!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
My wife handles the money and does a great job. Sometimes she drops 50 bucks at the dollar store but who am I to complain.

Wanna trade? Just kidding...still love her. At first she DID do a good job. She just kinda went crackers after our second child. I guess it was her way of dealing with the stress. I kinda hate myself in a way for being so naive and oblivious to the stuff piling up. QVC may be a good customer for us, but they are an insidious threat to responsible consumerism. Snoop! Look in the bags! Check the receipts! Check the credit card statements!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Wanna trade? Just kidding...still love her. At first she DID do a good job. She just kinda went crackers after our second child. I guess it was her way of dealing with the stress. I kinda hate myself in a way for being so naive and oblivious to the stuff piling up. QVC may be a good customer for us, but they are an insidious threat to responsible consumerism. Snoop! Look in the bags! Check the receipts! Check the credit card statements!
My wife just purchased a new furnace, temperpedic matress and a swimsuit for next months vacation. Should I be concerned?