Do you still get your pay raise after the minimum wage increase?

snarts

Here in NYC the minimum wage increased to $13 an hour on new years. I was suppose to get a .50 cent increase this past month but my check still shows $13 an hour, am I suppose to get that .50 cent raise or did the minimum wage increase cancel it out?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Here in NYC the minimum wage increased to $13 an hour on new years. I was suppose to get a .50 cent increase this past month but my check still shows $13 an hour, am I suppose to get that .50 cent raise or did the minimum wage increase cancel it out?
best to ask your union hall

542thruNthru

Here it was canceled out by the minimum wage. Did you make less then $13 before?

Jkloc420

Then I'd say you don't get the 50 cent raise. Still talk to your local to be sure.
It is funny there is no language in the contract about minimum wage though. I do think your right though. Just surprised thats not addressed in the contracts

542thruNthru

It is funny there is no language in the contract about minimum wage though. I do think your right though. Just surprised thats not addressed in the contracts

The issue is new part-timers are in a progression. They have a set amount they're supposed to get every year since the minimum wage puts them above that the company doesn't pay them the raise.

It sucks

Jkloc420

The issue is new part-timers are in a progression. They have a set amount they're supposed to get every year since the minimum wage puts them above that the company doesn't pay them the raise.

It sucks
yea i know that is my point. This guy is losing a 1.50

IESucks

No one here knows for sure

john chesney

Pretty sad you have to wonder if you’re going to get a raise to get you over minimum wage. No wonder my load is :censored2:. For 13 bucks I’d just throw them in too

Tony Q

You won't get the negotiated pay increases until your wages catch up to the new minimum wage laws. UPS could do the right thing, but they are not obligated under the collective bargaining agreement.

Kae3106

You aren't supposed to get a certain dollar amount raise. You are supposed to go to whatever the contract says the rate is for the next progression step. If you are already above that rate, there is no raise. Your payrate will remain the same until the contractual step rate is more than you are currently making.