Does 9.5 mean different in your area??

Thead Shi

It’s cool that the new contract (which I don’t agree with because of the no progression time reduction and 22.4’s) doesn’t limit the availability to only top pay employees but really as a low level scum driver I could use all the hours I can get and would never file for 9.5. Tyler binder looks like my a typical my name backwards

GenericUsername

What’s confusing about settling the hours in his 9.5 grievance for 30 percent of their value?

It’s a penalty.

If he works 12 hours five days out of the week, he worked 2.5 hours per day beyond 9.5

The penalty would be 12.5 hours at his over-time rate of pay for that particular week in question.

He claimed in his video his local settles for 30-40 percent of that amount in order to expedite the grievance procedure since they are back logged 6 months.

So he accepts 3.75 hours at his hourly rate?

The penalty is simply that, not something to bargain over

Why the hell would you bargain over your abuse?!?!? I wouldn't care if that check took 5 years to get to me, I'm still getting paid 100% of what's owed to me!

GenericUsername

It’s cool that the new contract (which I don’t agree with because of the no progression time reduction and 22.4’s) doesn’t limit the availability to only top pay employees but really as a low level scum driver I could use all the hours I can get and would never file for 9.5. Tyler binder looks like my a typical my name backwards

In my area (not sure about yours), you don't have to be top rate to get on the 9.5 list. Just have to go over 9.5 3 days in a row while working the same route all week. I missed going on the 9.5 list before going T-S by 1 freaking day. :(

Neanderthal

Why the hell would you bargain over your abuse?!?!? I wouldn't care if that check took 5 years to get to me, I'm still getting paid 100% of what's owed to me!

One hundred percent!!! That is absolute.

There are places that it seems some grievances are met with sub-par resolutions.

The current 9.5 language needs to be fully utiliEd by all of the other drivers we work with, and no compromise on the full penalty.

542thruNthru

What’s confusing about settling the hours in his 9.5 grievance for 30 percent of their value?

It’s a penalty.

If he works 12 hours five days out of the week, he worked 2.5 hours per day beyond 9.5

The penalty would be 12.5 hours at his over-time rate of pay for that particular week in question.

He claimed in his video his local settles for 30-40 percent of that amount in order to expedite the grievance procedure since they are back logged 6 months.

So he accepts 3.75 hours at his hourly rate?

The penalty is simply that, not something to bargain over

He's not settling his grievances. His local is and it's a problem in many areas of the country. To try and say Tyler himself is the reason is ridiculous.

GenericUsername

If the new contract passes, day #1 that we can be on the 9.5 list I'll be on it, guaranteed. Every lunch taken. Run Orion 100%. I'll enjoy running 10-15 stops an hour instead of my usual 20-25. Suckers!

Neanderthal

In my area (not sure about yours), you don't have to be top rate to get on the 9.5 list. Just have to go over 9.5 3 days in a row while working the same route all week. I missed going on the 9.5 list before going T-S by 1 freaking day. :(

It’s not three days In a row. It is three days In any one work week you can file provided you are opted in.

The kicker is your years of service if for some reason you are under four years and cannot hold the same route.

We have weekly bid so it’s not too difficult for that.

Thead Shi

Most of our drivers don’t mind working more then 9.5 and a lot make close to or over 100k but the one guy who filed delivered to the same town he works in so it was so packed that there was sometimes two trucks, Not the nice gravy 190 miles 90 stop route.

Thead Shi

It’s not three days In a row. It is three days In any one work week you can file provided you are opted in.

The kicker is your years of service if for some reason you are under four years and cannot hold the same route.

We have weekly bid so it’s not too difficult for that.
Funny you mention weekly bid I just found out about this procedure which is weird to me because we do Russian roulette with routes at our center.

Neanderthal

He's not settling his grievances. His local is and it's a problem in many areas of the country. To try and say Tyler himself is the reason is ridiculous.

The grievant must agree to that. If they don’t and their business agent is setting that, that is an issue to escalate.

He could probably landslide an election in his local by simply stating he won’t settle 9.5 grievances for less than 100 percent

But it would depend on the percentage of UPSers.

It’s our grievance. We agree To the settlement.

If that ain’t happening and they’re forcing those settlements down his throat —- that is a whole different problem.

Do you meet at center level hearings with your BA or he goes alone?

542thruNthru

The grievant must agree to that. If they don’t and their business agent is setting that, that is an issue to escalate.

He could probably landslide an election in his local by simply stating he won’t settle 9.5 grievances for less than 100 percent

But it would depend on the percentage of UPSers.

It’s our grievance. We agree To the settlement.

If that ain’t happening and they’re forcing those settlements down his throat —- that is a whole different problem.

Do you meet at center level hearings with your BA or he goes alone?

Locals trade grievances all the time for things. If you don't believe that it's fine. I'm not going to argue local issues across the country. Even BAs on here will tell you the same. Yes you can file a NLRB charge but see how well that works out for you.

Thead Shi

Ive worked a few other places before ups, was a welder before... What I find crazy or more of a dick move is why cant they ask other drivers, especially the starving new drivers, if the want more hours to do the extra bs from the senior drivers who don’t need the money as bad. I work saturdays voluntarily right now to get a couple extra bucks in my pocket yet management is trying to force top pay drivers to work more, silly to me...

Froome

No, but the new contract says you can work 70 hour weeks. If I I'm filing on 9.5's what makes you think I want to work 70? Just say no.

Neanderthal

Ive worked a few other places before ups, was a welder before... What I find crazy or more of a dick move is why cant they ask other drivers, especially the starving new drivers, if the want more hours to do the extra bs from the senior drivers who don’t need the money as bad. I work saturdays voluntarily right now to get a couple extra bucks in my pocket yet management is trying to force top pay drivers to work more, silly to me...
You just answered the question everyone fears: that the lower rate 22.4 employee will take all the work

They don’t do it now with the beginning rate package driver.

It’s ups company and they sure choose interesting ways to run it.

Neanderthal

No, but the new contract says you can work 70 hour weeks. If I I'm filing on 9.5's what makes you think I want to work 70? Just say no.
It’s 60 hours unless the defined weeks in peak season, at which point the my force every driving classification (part-time to full-time) in least seniority order saving RPCD for last

Thead Shi

You just answered the question everyone fears: that the lower rate 22.4 employee will take all the work

They don’t do it now with the beginning rate package driver.

It’s ups company and they sure choose interesting ways to run it.
Im not terribly worried that the 22.4s will take work from regular drivers because the current master language says that 22.4s cannot work on a day that they mandate a regular driver to take off work. Again my center we only have so many drivers and 22.4s cannot exceed 25% of the current fulltime driver count so its just not plausible to hire somebody to work 2 days a week less then 8 hours a day lol. But still the fact remains that it is a very interesting company to work for in the sense that its one the biggest in the world yet your neighbor center you can poke with a stick could have very different methods then you.