Does 9.5 mean different in your area??

Neanderthal

That is true. Part of the nature of local unions having different leadership, different philosophy colliding with management that has those same differences.

Heffalump

As a pre-loader for 9.5ers who and how can I file for "overdispatching" I know I can file for whatever and whenever but I already got 2 full times transferred so I'm just trying to tread lightly if you know what I mean...

Heffalump

Ive worked a few other places before ups, was a welder before... What I find crazy or more of a dick move is why cant they ask other drivers, especially the starving new drivers, if the want more hours to do the extra bs from the senior drivers who don’t need the money as bad. I work saturdays voluntarily right now to get a couple extra bucks in my pocket yet management is trying to force top pay drivers to work more, silly to me...
Its psychological they're trying to eliminate top rate drivers not pay them for more top rate hours.

GameCockFan

Im not terribly worried that the 22.4s will take work from regular drivers because the current master language says that 22.4s cannot work on a day that they mandate a regular driver to take off work. Again my center we only have so many drivers and 22.4s cannot exceed 25% of the current fulltime driver count so its just not plausible to hire somebody to work 2 days a week less then 8 hours a day lol. But still the fact remains that it is a very interesting company to work for in the sense that its one the biggest in the world yet your neighbor center you can poke with a stick could have very different methods then you.

There won't be any 22.4 drivers in a building that size. Unless you have Saturday or Sunday deliveries, which probably isn't the case

Kamikaze

Sounds good to me, I’ll let the air driver take stops off after he’s done delivering my air. Also due to the fact I have less time to deliver my businesses scattered through my route, I’ll be doing my route twice, as such will need more work taken off.
Why would you give an air driver ground work? That’s fulltime package driver work not part time air driver work ffs

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
As a pre-loader for 9.5ers who and how can I file for "overdispatching" I know I can file for whatever and whenever but I already got 2 full times transferred so I'm just trying to tread lightly if you know what I mean...
That's a production number, just work like usual and let stuff pile up.
I know what you are feeling, the more drivers on your preload assignment that go 9.5 the easier but it really is not your job to pull your back and perform miracles every day to wrap on time.
I took a step back this weekend to take note of all the **** that I have to deal with: stuff off the floor, irregs label face down, bags all the way back in the cages, everything heavy is a missort. I forgot to poop last week and worked harder as a result lol but now my back is telling me to slow the friend down this week.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Do you even know how all this works?

Thank you! Serious if you don't like what he has to say that's fine. I respect it but don't look like a bigger idiot by making a moronic meme.
I love how members and even elected officials are ragging on a member by voicing his discontent with our contract. They think he has it wrong? I think that kid is spot on. We need more guys like him in our union. Get rid of the sellouts that have plagued us for too long.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Why would you give an air driver ground work? That’s fulltime package driver work not part time air driver work ffs
Because it turns a cheap lesser paid air driver into a top rate ground driver the minute he does. Ends up costing the company more money than even paying me 9.5 penalties.

Kamikaze

Because it turns a cheap lesser paid air driver into a top rate ground driver the minute he does. Ends up costing the company more money than even paying me 9.5 penalties.
It’s a classification violation. The have an obligation to get you under 9.5 but not by violating the contract on the other end.

Heffalump

That's a production number, just work like usual and let stuff pile up.
I know what you are feeling, the more drivers on your preload assignment that go 9.5 the easier but it really is not your job to pull your back and perform miracles every day to wrap on time.
I took a step back this weekend to take note of all the **** that I have to deal with: stuff off the floor, irregs label face down, bags all the way back in the cages, everything heavy is a missort. I forgot to poop last week and worked harder as a result lol but now my back is telling me to slow the friend down this week.
Your completely right but the egress from the bulk stops on my route literally require me to build fort houses around each car and then jumping in and out of package cars at the end of the morning is like doing hurdles lol

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Sounds good to me, I’ll let the air driver take stops off after he’s done delivering my air. Also due to the fact I have less time to deliver my businesses scattered through my route, I’ll be doing my route twice, as such will need more work taken off.
I read that and thought the exact same thing. Sounds like a win. Just gonna force more work into the other guys. soon enough they will all be going on the 9.5 list.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Locals trade grievances all the time for things. If you don't believe that it's fine. I'm not going to argue local issues across the country. Even BAs on here will tell you the same. Yes you can file a NLRB charge but see how well that works out for you.
Effff that. My local makes sure we get 100% of our penalty pay. I make a killing on 9.5's every 3 months. I may even break 120k this year because of them.