Does becoming a driver mean you have to learn how to drive stick?

allahuakbar

She/Her
Depends on the hub. My boy got out of class and the route he was on was a stick. He told them he couldn’t drive it so the next day there was a brand new automatic in the spot.

Zowert

One of the two most common questions people on the street ask me about getting a job as a UPS driver is “Do you have to know how to drive a stick?” The other is always “Do you need a CDL?”

Then, “Do they drug test you?”

“But you’re driving an automatic! Why do you need to know how to drive stick?!”

AttackedHawk34

I drive a stick every once in a blue moon at my center. Yesterday when I was helping out at an other center they gave me a stick no problem. The only problem was that the diagram was totally different from what the gears actually where. I wasted 15mins in that yard figuring out where the gears actually where before I when out on the road to do the deliveries that I had.

oldngray

nowhere special
drive-stick.jpg

I drive a stick every once in a blue moon at my center. Yesterday when I was helping out at a other center they gave me a stick no problem. The only problem was that the diagram was totally different from what the gears actually where. I wasted 15mins in that yard figuring out where the gears actually where before I when out on the road to do deliveries.
Unless you are driving and old high stepper they are all five speeds.

im a farily new driver this year make 4yr ft and when i started i had to know how to drive a stick, but since then i heard its not requried at my center to know because all we have are automatics now.