Does everyone work tomorrow (Dec 26)

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It seems from what I have heard of Upstate's center (not just from Upstate), it is a well run center with an overall good and experienced group of employees.
I hope Upstate know how his center is not the norm!

Actually, so do I. My center is for the most part equally well-run and trouble free.

But, I try not to have the attitude.:surprised:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I was asked if I wanted off, so I took it. I'm going shopping for my Christmas present. Routes are being combined, should be an easy day. I'm thinking about volunteering for New Years Eve for some easy money.

barnyard

KTM rider
We normally have 42-44 routes and 30 are in tomorrow. Seems like an awful lot, but what do I know. Any route that has pick ups is in. The route I am covering has 7 pickups and usually gets 15-20 pieces. I am guessing it is going to be a 200 mile day, with not many deliveries.

DorkHead

I had the option of working tomorrow because I am in the top 7 in seniority out of 45, but knowing how I would have parts of 2 other routes plus their p/ups I said screw it.

Blackc3

day off for me tomorrow!! We needed 12 drivers!! So per the union they are forcing from the top down!! Has anyone heard of this? In my 13 years it has always been forced from bottom up!!

iruhnman630

Hasn't happened yet, but I'm hoping to not work tomorrow.

It's time for me to go vehicle shopping and many of the local dealers are offering bang-up closeout deals on the '12 models this week.

If I do work, so be it. 3 hours of delivery, 2 hours break, then pickups is pretty typical for Dec 26th.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
day off for me tomorrow!! We needed 12 drivers!! So per the union they are forcing from the top down!! Has anyone heard of this? In my 13 years it has always been forced from bottom up!!

Seniority gives u the right to work. It doesn't give u the right not to work. So although most centers force bottom up there is nothing against doing it this way either.

Seniority gives u the right to work. It doesn't give u the right not to work. So although most centers force bottom up there is nothing against doing it this way either.
I agree. Working holidays is extra work so higher seniority drivers shouldn't be forced to work. December 26 is a normal business day so work should be given to senior drivers. Most managers would let older drivers take days off and let younger guys work, but I don't see any reason why they have to.

Seniority prevails in all circumstances. It'll be a colder day than tomorrow before a junior driver will get to stay home before me.