Does no union mean no job security?

Dewdewbrown

I have plenty of time since I don't work 70 hours a week with absolutely no predictable clue as to what I'm getting into from day to day. Yes, health insurance is covered by the company, I have a company vehicle with company gas card, and an optional 401K. It's not a publicly traded company so stock is not an option and no, there's no pension. But you know what? I really don't give a :censored2: because the benefits to me of working this job outweigh UPS by a metric :censored2:ton.
No one works 70 here. No pension, and all 401ks are optional, health care may be covered but NO way coverages are the same. Guaranteed they dont cover your family(alllllllll of them for nothing weekly) i would like to see you tell them you have 6 kids lol. They give you a gas card and a car, cool. We can afford both over here. At least you are happy with that.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Guaranteed they dont cover your family(alllllllll of them for nothing weekly) i would like to see you tell them you have 6 kids lol.
For those with families they are covered. Most one guy had was four kids.

They give you a gas card and a car, cool. We can afford both over here.
*Truck. I can afford both too and only having to put a thousand miles or so at most per year on my personal car is even more money in my pocket.

NO way coverages are the same.
Honestly couldn't tell you because I never really looked at what they were here nor at UPS.

Nah
For those with families they are covered. Most one guy had was four kids.

*Truck. I can afford both too and only having to put a thousand miles or so at most per year on my personal car is even more money in my pocket.

Honestly couldn't tell you because I never really looked at what they were here nor at UPS.
Some people are determined to tell you what a huge mistake you made by leaving UPS. As if being more happy somewhere else is unthinkable. Lol

Brown Down

Some people are determined to tell you what a huge mistake you made by leaving UPS. As if being more happy somewhere else is unthinkable. Lol
I've always said if your happier away than leave. Money isn't everything but staying mentaly stable is. It's one of the biggest reasons this job isn't for everyone. I really believe you have to be wired different to survive this without having to see a shrink.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I've always said if your happier away than leave. Money isn't everything but staying mentaly stable is. It's one of the biggest reasons this job isn't for everyone. I really believe you have to be wired different to survive this without having to see a shrink.
Glutton for punishment

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
For me at least it wasn't even that I couldn't handle it. I just didn't want to put up with all that kind of dumb :censored2: my entire working life. I'll be surprised if I ever work for a company even big enough to have an HR department again. It's another world.

Nah
I couldn't handle it mentally because it wasn't what I wanted. I originally came to UPS to pay for school. When it became clear that wasn't going to pan out, I left. UPS was never part of my long term plans, so I got out before I got stuck like a lot of other people are.

Now I work half the year, make decent money, and usually enjoy my work.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
it varies, but to have job security without a union, you need to have rare and valuable skills that you use in your job, or be underpaid, or work for a company that its customers spend other people's money. probably for most of the people you encounter it's being underpaid.