Does this qualify a grieve?

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
We’ve had an influx of PT supes from other hubs working at my hub cause we’re understaffed. Some of them are training some new hires and some of them are just straight up loading all day.

There’s been this new hire next to me that walked out on her third day. Lo and behold she’s back the next day and this PT supe is still with her loading cars.

Can I file a grieve for a PT supe loading cars if they’re under the guise of “training” a new hire even though it’s after their third day? After my third day I was on my own.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Get a buddy, you file on one supe working and have him witness it in the grievance.
Have your buddy file on a different supervisor and you witness it.
rinse and repeat, Having a witness on your supe working grievance really increases the odds of you getting paid

nWo

She's still in her first week. I'm pretty sure the sups are still allowed to train her. Honestly surprised they offered her any training at all. Usually they just start screaming at people if they aren't instantly up to speed.

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
She's still in her first week. I'm pretty sure the sups are still allowed to train her. Honestly surprised they offered her any training at all. Usually they just start screaming at people if they aren't instantly up to speed.
No call no showed her 4th day so I don’t think I’ll be seeing her again lol. I’m surprised about the training too, I was very lucky and had a great trainer

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
We’ve had an influx of PT supes from other hubs working at my hub cause we’re understaffed. Some of them are training some new hires and some of them are just straight up loading all day.

There’s been this new hire next to me that walked out on her third day. Lo and behold she’s back the next day and this PT supe is still with her loading cars.

Can I file a grieve for a PT supe loading cars if they’re under the guise of “training” a new hire even though it’s after their third day? After my third day I was on my own.
They’re allowed to train, but if you see them straight loading file. I agree with @728ups with getting a buddy to be a witness. Just file:
13CDC2BC-3DE5-4F6F-9FAF-AA610954F052.jpeg

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
Get a buddy, you file on one supe working and have him witness it in the grievance.
Have your buddy file on a different supervisor and you witness it.
rinse and repeat, Having a witness on your supe working grievance really increases the odds of you getting paid
Good idea thanks. Now I would assume the witness would have to have been in a realistic place to ya know, witness the event. Unfortunately the only people on the line that would have seen it are either in the pocket of mgmt or likely to override my grieve with their seniority.

I’m cool with one of the stews that works upstairs so maybe I could get him to witness it, he’s always encouraging me to grieve :)

Integrity

Binge Poster

Are you the Steward of your area?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

They can train her all day everyday until she makes book

StackedOut’n’Vibing

cardboard peasant
They can train her all day everyday until she makes book
You referring to the first 30 days probation period? I'm wondering if there's any language in the contract for something like that. I don't want to go through the process of grieving only for them to pull out the "they're still being trained" card 30 days later.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
You referring to the first 30 days probation period? I'm wondering if there's any language in the contract for something like that. I don't want to go through the process of grieving only for them to pull out the "they're still being trained" card 30 days later.
Not sure if there’s anything pertaining to the probationary period, but NMA 3.7 dictates any training. Check your supplements. Might need to add some language in the upcoming contract. Had a supe once tell me they were training someone with higher seniority than me. Won that grievance.

Attachments

• 8F746102-78D0-4C3F-B009-05B2079499F2.jpeg
    8F746102-78D0-4C3F-B009-05B2079499F2.jpeg
    511.4 KB · Views: 42