does UPS drug screen?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Back to the OP--the contract does support your position and no one can fault you for following it to a T. I prefer to use common sense in addition to the contract.

rocket man

just curious, does ups require drug tests to become hired? i have been offered the job, have orientation tomorrow, and was told the offer was contingent upon the completion of a background check, the hr lady never spoke of any drug screening. im just curious, ive heard all type of answers on the internet so i thought i ask some UPSers. thanks for your honest replies. if you were drug screened can you please say what your postion/department is. thanks.
IF You have to ask go work for someone eles

menotyou

bella amicizia
Back to the OP--the contract does support your position and no one can fault you for following it to a T. I prefer to use common sense in addition to the contract.
Even when conceding the point you still have to make a dig. You couldn't just admit the contract was being violated and he was right to contact his BA.

over9five

Staff member
Upstate OBEYS. He is a good citizen and a good employee.

I would not submit to some idiot wanting to give me a drug test (trying to make me out to be some criminal). It's not right, and no one should let them get away with that nonsense by taking the easy way out.

I hope the OP grieved the time he waited at the ER for the BA to arrive.

PMSair

Anyone who uses the highway system driving for a living holding a dot card carrying frieght, school children or packages should be required to take a drug test.

Kevinlove

Today I've heard that FedEx test their employees. I'm not sure whether information is reliable. I thought staff of delivery process is tested. And as UPS is serious company they would prefer follicle testing, which can't be cheated Drug Test

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Today I've heard that FedEx test their employees. I'm not sure whether information is reliable. I thought staff of delivery process is tested. And as UPS is serious company they would prefer follicle testing, which can't be cheated Drug Test
Dang, if you had only waited 12 days, it would have been EXACTLY 5 YEARS since anyone replied to this thread. Thanks for ruining our fun!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
just curious, does ups require drug tests to become hired? i have been offered the job, have orientation tomorrow, and was told the offer was contingent upon the completion of a background check, the hr lady never spoke of any drug screening. im just curious, ive heard all type of answers on the internet so i thought i ask some UPSers. thanks for your honest replies. if you were drug screened can you please say what your postion/department is. thanks.
Lay off the drugs Pee-Wee!