Does your church reach men well?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I don’t even know what this means.
He's saying you are too easily offended or overly sensitive.

Though too often that is the case with jokes, in my opinion in this instance it adds nothing to the discussion but edgy anti-religion humor.

wilberforce15

He's saying you are too easily offended or overly sensitive.

Though too often that is the case with jokes, in my opinion in this instance it adds nothing to the discussion but edgy anti-religion humor.
It's not anti-religion humor. It's anti-effeminate humor.

And it's more than being easily offended or overly sensitive. It also means singing crappy boy-band song knockoffs in church about how Jesus is such a great touchy-feely boyfriend, it's about how every sermon or small group is a glorified therapy session meant to cater to the "felt-needs" of old cat-ladies, and so on.

It's the whole thing.

I am deeply religious. That's why I hate frauds.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I do attend church. I attend one with a male pastor.

The Catholics have screened out all priests with testosterone for quite a long time. They are effeminate literally because they rule out any men who like women. lol.

Then, the deviants have a safe and respectable profession to pursue, with access to boys.
You obviously have some preconceived prejudices. I am curious as to the origin of your apparent disrespect of “Men of the Cloth” or just generally the origin of your prejudices.

What sets your pastor apart that allows you to consider him male?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
It's not anti-religion humor. It's anti-effeminate humor.

And it's more than being easily offended or overly sensitive. It also means singing crappy boy-band song knockoffs in church about how Jesus is such a great touchy-feely boyfriend, it's about how every sermon or small group is a glorified therapy session meant to cater to the "felt-needs" of old cat-ladies, and so on.

It's the whole thing.

I am deeply religious. That's why I hate frauds.
This was in reference to another post he asked about. Not yours.

wilberforce15

You obviously have some preconceived prejudices. I am curious as to the origin of your apparent disrespect of “Men of the Cloth” or just generally the origin of your prejudices.

What sets your pastor apart that allows you to consider him male?
There are no "men of the cloth." They are all there because it's a safe, easy place to go for a man who is uncomfortable with women or prefers to keep himself closeted (at least publicly).

A proper pastor isn't soft, fat, or weak. Since they are shepherds, the should be men perfectly capable of beating the crap out of wolves. Since his job is to protect, he must be able to fight, whether in the battles of debate and rhetoric, or in reality.

In reality, pastors and priests everywhere are soft, weak, whiny, beta males.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
There are no "men of the cloth." They are all there because it's a safe, easy place to go for a man who is uncomfortable with women or prefers to keep himself closeted (at least publicly).

A proper pastor isn't soft, fat, or weak. Since they are shepherds, the should be men perfectly capable of beating the crap out of wolves. Since his job is to protect, he must be able to fight, whether in the battles of debate and rhetoric, or in reality.

In reality, pastors and priests everywhere are soft, weak, whiny, beta males.
Great opinion.
Bye.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
And there is the whiny beta.
Look.
I'm no fan of @Integrity. I think he can be a bore, and sometimes drone on about stuff.

But I also think he's genuinely trying to help people. Stop trying to tear down and derail his work.
If it is stupid or pointless, leave him to waste his time.

But if you feel the need to actively attack him for trying to help people the way he knows how, you are one messed up guy.

wilberforce15

Look.
I'm no fan of @Integrity. I think he can be a bore, and sometimes drone on about stuff.

But I also think he's genuinely trying to help people. Stop trying to tear down and derail his work.

But if you feel the need to actively attack him for trying to help people the way he knows how, you are one messed up guy.
I don't judge people by their intents or their feelings. That's the effeminacy I'm talking about.

Women judge by what people were trying do it, or their feelings while they were doing it.

I judge people by what they actually do, and when it is harmful, I don't care if it was intended for help.

Integrity is trying to help. I don't care. He's not actually helping.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Look.

Guys only trying to help, haters gonna hate

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I don't judge people by their intents or their feelings. That's the effeminacy I'm talking about.

Women judge by what people were trying do it, or their feelings while they were doing it.

I judge people by what they actually do, and when it is harmful, I don't care if it was intended for help.

Integrity is trying to help. I don't care. He's not actually helping.
I would suggest that you might want to read a certain quote in Mathew about judging others...