Dog Deterent

Sammie

There cute they look like little platypuses with those webbed feet

Thanks. Don't know what we were thinking getting 4 of them. The
pack mentality isn't always fun. Can't take all of them at once to a
dog park as it empties out soon after we get there.....

Kraetos

Preload, Loader
Ah Steve I love border collies! I bought one when it was just a little ole' black rollie pollie and named it fox because when he grew up the white fur he developed had a 'fox' type design to it as far as the face and tail went.

He died last year at age 16, best dog I've ever had!

Sammie

Bedtime must be fun do they sleep with you

This should answer that question...
6-9-06 027.jpg

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
On more than one occasion I have been attacked by this 40 lb. wild turkey. Go ahead and laugh, but these things can get pretty aggressive if you get between them and their hens. There is a flock of about 15 of these things on my route. This particular tom actually got airborne one time and started beating me with his wings and trying to scratch my face. He had come up behind me and startled me and I wound up rolling my ankle and becoming the butt of jokes in my center for weeks. Its no big deal now because as long as I am facing him I can just swat at him with my DIAD to keep him away.
turkey 2.jpg
turkey 1.jpg

backinbrown

respect my authority
SOBER i am gladd you are ok

they are very protective

but as i read yourr story i pictured it

and was lmao

Thanks i needed that

soberups

I have been on the same route for 15 years and one of the things I always do is to take a couple of minutes to get to know any new puppies that my customers bring home. If a puppy's first encounter with the UPS man is a positive one, it will almost gurantee that there will never be any problems. I always let the puppies come up into the truck and sniff around while I pet them, and the result is that when they grow up to be big dogs they will always be friendly to the UPS man in the years to come.

soberups

There is an 80 lb pit bull that someone abandoned on my route. On of my customers found the dog wandering around on his property, and went ahead and adopted him, got him neutered and shots etc. He has turned out to be a very gentle and friendly dog that gets along well with the customers other dogs and cats, and he always comes running out to meet me when I have a delivery.

satellitedriver

There is an 80 lb pit bull that someone abandoned on my route. On of my customers found the dog wandering around on his property, and went ahead and adopted him, got him neutered and shots etc. He has turned out to be a very gentle and friendly dog that gets along well with the customers other dogs and cats, and he always comes running out to meet me when I have a delivery.
Rescued dogs tend to be that way.
Every dog/cat I have owned in my life (I do not like using the word owned with a pet, it is like saying you own your cousin.) has been a rescued animal.
In my case, they have always returned love and loyalty.

backinbrown

respect my authority
Rescued dogs tend to be that way.
Every dog/cat I have owned in my life (I do not like using the word owned with a pet, it is like saying you own your cousin.) has been a rescued animal.
In my case, they have always returned love and loyalty.

I know you kiss your dog

what was that about cousins

Big Babooba

I still have mine, I also ground the tip (being a tube it is really two tips) to a very sharp point (points) and will not penetrate too deep.
Pretty much a swatting tool, but it can become a get away from me right now tool.
This is a great tool, when you know you are endangered by the local mutt and have it with you, but most times drivers can be caught unawares.
Your belt is your best friend, with just a little practice, you can learn to one handed unbuckle and draw it like a Samurai unsheathing his blade.
Buckle in hand, for just get away from me, buckle on the receiving end to inflict pain.
Practice comes in handy, ain't no fun to have that swirling belt buckle come back and hit you square in the nose.
It would even be less fun running back to your package car, your pants around your ankles, with old Fido close behind you snapping at your cheeks!:happy-very:

Big Babooba

Mechanics used to tell me that the old Ford 300 straight 6 gave off a whine that only dogs could hear. Some of you old timers will remember every dog in the area waiting at the curb before you turned the corner in your P600 or P800. On a positive note, the customer often met you outside as their dog had alerted them when you were still a block away. Never left the car on a lot of stops!
I had a 300 six in my 79 F150. My wife could hear it a block away. What a coincidence!:biting: