Dog Deterent

Boxy

I refuse to believe you did that

if you did shame on you

i know your defence is dog bit you but cmon i am sorry i think that is just wrong

if you broke my dogs back i would have a big problem with that.

jmo

Some underlying notes not mentioned in the initial thread post that is vital for the completion of the story are.... :

The dog was not someone's pet. It was a wild dog that happened to stay around this particular customer's home. It was a pretty good sized male pit bull that was, according to the customer, deaf. This happened to raise the aggression level for some reason. I would never have done this to someone's pet in any fashion whatsoever and I still stand by my decision to neutralize the dog to this day.

I'm sure a lot of you guys would be pretty freaked out about this because a lot of you are dog owners. That is understandable. :wink2:

satellitedriver

It would even be less fun running back to your package car, your pants around your ankles, with old Fido close behind you snapping at your cheeks!:happy-very:
Ha, Ha!!!
I wear my shorts tight, the woman love it,:happy2:
If a take off my belt, the only one running away is Fido.
I have been known to run naked.

Remember streaking?
Mainly, I did it running away from the cops when we were skinny dipping at the old sand quarry.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Some underlying notes not mentioned in the initial thread post that is vital for the completion of the story are.... :

The dog was not someone's pet. It was a wild dog that happened to stay around this particular customer's home. It was a pretty good sized male pit bull that was, according to the customer, deaf. This happened to raise the aggression level for some reason. I would never have done this to someone's pet in any fashion whatsoever and I still stand by my decision to neutralize the dog to this day.

I'm sure a lot of you guys would be pretty freaked out about this because a lot of you are dog owners. That is understandable. :wink2:
It makes no difference... pet or no pet.
Whether or not you did actually do it or just want to brag about it for our benefit. You will always get back in life what what you give....sooner or later. No one likes to be attacked by an aggressive dog, but you have to admit, this is not a solution you see with other, more professional drivers. Most manage to defend themselves without killing any dogs.....ever. You need to reexamine your need to share this kind of thing in the first place, it started out as a deterrent question. Obviously the worst possible solution to a bad dog issue. By the way, pit bulls have quite a lot of bone crushing power in their bite and can hold their own weight for hours on a rope. Glad you were able to accomplish this Herculean feat with your one good arm, unless this deaf homeless pit was also so weak it was that easy for you to snuff.

Last edited:

Sammie

On more than one occasion I have been attacked by this 40 lb. wild turkey. Go ahead and laugh, but these things can get pretty aggressive if you get between them and their hens. There is a flock of about 15 of these things on my route.

Be afraid Sober, be very afraid.
Nothing funny about it.
According to National Geographic, you're dealing with descendants of dinosaurs....

http://www.ngcasia.com/explore/Darwins_Special/index.aspx

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
On more than one occasion I have been attacked by this 40 lb. wild turkey. Go ahead and laugh, but these things can get pretty aggressive if you get between them and their hens. There is a flock of about 15 of these things on my route. This particular tom actually got airborne one time and started beating me with his wings and trying to scratch my face. He had come up behind me and startled me and I wound up rolling my ankle and becoming the butt of jokes in my center for weeks. Its no big deal now because as long as I am facing him I can just swat at him with my DIAD to keep him away.
Wow, Didn't know they could be so aggressive. We have 70+ behind our house and they see you coming and they scatter.

gwood

Just had a driver in Columbia center get attacked on Tuesday. Customer answered the door drunk, beer in hand and Pit came out of nowhere. Driver had no time to react and suffered bad bites to arm, needed stitches and is now off work. Just can't trust those Pits. Heard there was also a Rotti in the house. Not such if police were called but should have been!

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
We had a driver kill one(unknown breed) Tuesday. Thing ran out, right under the rear tires. Not his fault..Wait..Of course it was! J/K I don't know the final ruling but it still goes on his record.

backinbrown

respect my authority
We had a driver kill one(unknown breed) Tuesday. Thing ran out, right under the rear tires. Not his fault..Wait..Of course it was! J/K I don't know the final ruling but it still goes on his record.

He told me snow bank at end of driveway was high

dog was small apparently dog come running out no way to see dog with high banks.

why did owner let dog out or was dog out

either way its too bad for all involved, the driver is a very good driver

but apparently hates small dogs.jk

Hope it is avoidable

dog was also very old and had cancer according to owner

could be suicide by truck

or blatant vehicular homicide

haydendavid380

is property of UPS
We could avoid this with Hover cars

Or package cars with cow catchers and really low side skirts.

Cowcatcher_PSF.png