DOK

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We had a PCM a few days back. We were told that during our S&V ride that if we did not get a 100 percent on our DOK we would be taken off car. I raised my hand and ask "will we be given time on the clock to study them" he told us that " no we are professional drivers and it's our responsibility to know them and be safe on the road." Anyone else having this issue lately?
They can take you off car but they still owe you your 8 gurantee. Being able to regurgitate acronyms is not a condition of employment. DOK is probably just the flavor of the week at your building and your management is just reciting the company line in order to meet a quota. It will pass.

dropNbolt

....it's kinda like when an umpire knows all the rules well and all his new gear shines and pants are well creased, he's the one to make :censored2:ty out/safe ball/strike calls.

35years

Gravy route
We had a PCM a few days back. We were told that during our S&V ride that if we did not get a 100 percent on our DOK we would be taken off car. I raised my hand and ask "will we be given time on the clock to study them" he told us that " no we are professional drivers and it's our responsibility to know them and be safe on the road." Anyone else having this issue lately?
I have a bunch of scared newbies in my work group.
The sup had the audacity to say we are to study them on our lunch!
I jumped in and asked him if he was telling us to work off the clock; and if so I would have to make a call to my BA and the Department of Labor to make sure ordering us to work off the clock was OK. He did a complete 360. Stand up for yourself.

El Correcto

god is dead
I have a bunch of scared newbies in my work group.
The sup had the audacity to say we are to study them on our lunch!
I jumped in and asked him if he was telling us to work off the clock; and if so I would have to make a call to my BA and the Department of Labor to make sure ordering us to work off the clock was OK. He did a complete 360. Stand up for yourself.
I think you are thinking of a 180.

rod

Retired 22 years
I discovered it takes about 3 seconds to get the truck into gear without using the clutch. It's a good guide.

It works best to put it in the lowest gear with the truck shut off, start the truck in gear (will be a little jerky but what the hell) and from there going through the gears without using the clutch is a piece of cake.